Lil Fokker is a beast!!!!!

slyvren

This seriously might be my favorite Diezel. Not sure if it dethrones the VH4 for me. I'd need more time to compare, but this thing kicks some major ass in a band mix!

slyvren":10fjfzx2 said:
This seriously might be my favorite Diezel. Not sure if it dethrones the VH4 for me. I'd need more time to compare, but this thing kicks some major ass in a band mix!

What that's it? I NEED MORE INFO to hold me over until Tuesday when mine gets delivered. Please tell me that all of my hopes and dreams of a liquid lead tone is in the Fokker, and that the simplicity of its EQ controls are deceptively versatile, and that the clean channel is at least as good as the DMoll. When they say it's a cross between the VH4 ch 3 and Herbert ch 2+, what does that mean? Do you hear more VH4 or more Herbie characteristics? Any comparison to the DMoll which also has KT77's? Congratulations and thanks in advance for the info.

I cant help you with the liquid lead tones bit. I havent played dmoll either.. (it and schmidt are the only 2) I never gel'd with Herbert so my experience with it is limited and many moons ago..

Channel 1 is a new experience. I play crunch quite a bit and its diezel coated and modernized vintage rock tones when cranked. Its TIGHT in a very good way. The clean is raw and very nice it reminds me of hagen's clean a bit. The amp really cuts in the mix and sounds awesome doing it. Its pretty bright compared to my 2008 vh4 but in a very pleasing way especially in a band mix. Channel 2 is VERY vh4 ch3. Brighter and more saturated, but to me it sounds even more articulated. I would describe it like a more modern version of vh4 ch3. I have a 2011 vh4 ill have to compare it to since its brighter than my 2008. I need to get some KT77's in the 2011 for a more direct comparison.

Im sure most of the differences could be ironed out with EQ and time, but its definitely a twist on the channel, but a very very pleasing one. Diezel has done it yet again.

Hope that helps and Im curious to hear your take when you get yours.

slyvren":1qtom74c said:
I cant help you with the liquid lead tones bit. I havent played dmoll either.. (it and schmidt are the only 2) I never gel'd with Herbert so my experience with it is limited and many moons ago..

Channel 1 is a new experience. I play crunch quite a bit and its diezel coated and modernized vintage rock tones when cranked. Its TIGHT in a very good way. The clean is raw and very nice it reminds me of hagen's clean a bit. The amp really cuts in the mix and sounds awesome doing it. Its pretty bright compared to my 2008 vh4 but in a very pleasing way especially in a band mix. Channel 2 is VERY vh4 ch3. Brighter and more saturated, but to me it sounds even more articulated. I would describe it like a more modern version of vh4 ch3. I have a 2011 vh4 ill have to compare it to since its brighter than my 2008. I need to get some KT77's in the 2011 for a more direct comparison.

Im sure most of the differences could be ironed out with EQ and time, but its definitely a twist on the channel, but a very very pleasing one. Diezel has done it yet again.

Hope that helps and Im curious to hear your take when you get yours.

Thanks that definitely helps. It sounds great so far and the clean channel sounds like it's going to be a nice surprise. I'm a little concerned about the gain channel though if it's brighter than the VH4 because I never considered the VH4 ch3 to be dark sounding. Hopefully it's not bright in the sense that it borders on harsh. It also sounds pretty hi-fi but I was hoping for more Herbert-like qualities. In any case, Diezel always hits it out of the ball park every time he comes out with an amp so I'm sure it will be an incredible sounding amp. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Sounds freakin awesome!

No more gas please.

The D-Moll does everything I want/need an amp to do. :)

Little Fokker just arrived today at the shop and I played it non stop this afternoon, I concur, what a bad ass heavy sounding amp. Totally liquid and sounds massive. No hype its killer, thinking about taking one home. Very very impressed.

Rezamatix":1nkp47xw said:
cujo":1nkp47xw said:
I'm on fence how the lil Fokker is compared to the PRS Archon ? Anyone?
Archon is a mess. No comparison at all. Compare the archon to a recto, a shitty recto.
I've only heard good things about the Archon so far. Still wanna haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

braintheory":3fi0zqwg said:
Rezamatix":3fi0zqwg said:
cujo":3fi0zqwg said:
I'm on fence how the lil Fokker is compared to the PRS Archon ? Anyone?
Archon is a mess. No comparison at all. Compare the archon to a recto, a shitty recto.
I've only heard good things about the Archon so far. Still wanna haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

Man Brad just said what a masterpiece the Lil Fokker is and you're still stuck on the Archon? PRS amps are as pretentious as their guitars. The Archon is probably just a modded 2-channel H.

I tried one of those PRS heads...and like all PRS products to me it fell way short of anything good. Great craftsmanship doesn't always equal great tones. Think the amp sounded like a shitty Mesa..which I think all sound like crap to begin with. I guess ill save my nickels for a little Fokker!

King Guitar":13o6ock6 said:
Little Fokker just arrived today at the shop and I played it non stop this afternoon, I concur, what a bad ass heavy sounding amp. Totally liquid and sounds massive. No hype its killer, thinking about taking one home. Very very impressed.

Brad, make a vid with a guitar that's in tune, the clips so far pretty much give me no idea of the amps capabilities

Back