Confused about newer Diezels

Sorry if this is a frequently asked question!

I have a Herbert mkI, have owned a VH4S and an Einstein combo.
Love the Herbert, liked the VH4S but not as much (except for the stereo part),
sold the Einstein because it was too heavy.

I'm a bit confused about where the newer Diezel models fit, and whether it would be worth getting any
of them instead of/in addition to amps I already own. I'm more of a classic rock & blues guy than metal,
although IMO the Herbert works for everything in its own unique way.
So... how do the D-Moll, Hagen, Little Fokker compare to each other and the Herbert and VH4S.
I've tried the Schmidt so I have a pretty good idea on that one.

Thanks!

Despite the tonal cross-overs & versatility of each model, I've always considered each amp was marketed to lean towards a particular application/genre in order to give the amps individual purpose/identity. Whether they do or not, tonally, is subjective opinion.
The Hagen seemed to come out around the time when 7+ string guitars & heavily down tuned music started to become 'more' popular. I don't think the timing was a coincidence. I'm pretty certain there was a conscious decision there to design & aim an amp at that market, even though it's arguably optimized for that style of music. It's a versatile, rocking amp with great cleans and enough gain for anyone & any style.

I guess the Einstein & the VH4 are the less extreme 100w models in the line, if I could put it like that. They are the two amps I have personally owned. From my experience, the more extreme the amp or equipment, the more difficult it is to tame & the less versatile it tends to be, overall. The VH4 is pretty balanced, albeit so is the Hagen.

The cleans on the Diezels are all capable of breaking up & are a great platform for stomp FX & overdrives. I guess they all offer versatility in this respect. I've had no problems dialling in bluesy crunch tones into my VH4, especially with pedals at my disposal.

The Dmoll succeeded the Einstein, but it ended up sounding vastly different & kinda unique actually. It sounds cool, but I think it leans towards the heavier player. If it's anyone's little brother, it's probably the herbert.

The Einstein was more of a less-functional, more affordable little brother to the VH4. Certainly the texas & mode 3 of the Einstein was, to my ears anyway, similar to the VH4 Ch2 & 3 respectively.
The Lil Fokker does, however, appear to be genuinely marketed as a more affordable VH4-esque amp.

They're my opinions. Take of them what you will. They're all amazing amplifiers & none of them are one trick ponies. If the VH4 wasn't in the lineup, i'd struggle to make my choices I think. My heart tells me I'd go with the hagen.

It's all pure deviant Diezel evolution. Papa's new tricks.

Just do as I do and buy one of each.

JimmyBlind":2ficqmue said:
Despite the tonal cross-overs & versatility of each model, I've always considered each amp was marketed to lean towards a particular application/genre in order to give the amps individual purpose/identity. Whether they do or not, tonally, is subjective opinion.
The Hagen seemed to come out around the time when 7+ string guitars & heavily down tuned music started to become 'more' popular. I don't think the timing was a coincidence. I'm pretty certain there was a conscious decision there to design & aim an amp at that market, even though it's arguably optimized for that style of music. It's a versatile, rocking amp with great cleans and enough gain for anyone & any style.

I guess the Einstein & the VH4 are the less extreme 100w models in the line, if I could put it like that. They are the two amps I have personally owned. From my experience, the more extreme the amp or equipment, the more difficult it is to tame & the less versatile it tends to be, overall. The VH4 is pretty balanced, albeit so is the Hagen.

The cleans on the Diezels are all capable of breaking up & are a great platform for stomp FX & overdrives. I guess they all offer versatility in this respect. I've had no problems dialling in bluesy crunch tones into my VH4, especially with pedals at my disposal.

The Dmoll succeeded the Einstein, but it ended up sounding vastly different & kinda unique actually. It sounds cool, but I think it leans towards the heavier player. If it's anyone's little brother, it's probably the herbert.

The Einstein was more of a less-functional, more affordable little brother to the VH4. Certainly the texas & mode 3 of the Einstein was, to my ears anyway, similar to the VH4 Ch2 & 3 respectively.
The Lil Fokker does, however, appear to be genuinely marketed as a more affordable VH4-esque amp.

They're my opinions. Take of them what you will. They're all amazing amplifiers & none of them are one trick ponies. If the VH4 wasn't in the lineup, i'd struggle to make my choices I think. My heart tells me I'd go with the hagen.

Great breakdown ! :checkthisout:

Back