Thanks A Lot UPS - Lil Fokker UPS Delivery Disappointment

ubermetaldood

Banned
So UPS has delivered to my house 11 years, and literally never once have they delivered before 6:00PM. So I leave work early, around 3:15, only to find out that UPS curiously showed up at 3:00. Interesting coincidence since UPS has been pushing their "My Choice UPS" crap this past week (a service where you pay $5.00 to have a package rerouted if you come home and find a UPS slip on your door). I can't help but think they probably screwed with everyone's delivery schedule to get people to sign up for that crap.

Anyway, so I call to have the amp held at the local facility which is like 3 towns away, a 1 hr 15 min. drive in traffic. They said the facility would call me back in an hour, they didn't. I call again, they said they would set it up again and I would get a call within an hour, they didn't. I called again and waited on hold for 40 minutes just to find out that they left the package in a room at the facility and no one has the key for that room.

Keep in mind this facility is the size of a small college campus, and not a single person in that entire facility has a key for it? To make a long story short, I have to drive 1hr 15min in traffic after work tomorrow just to pick the package up. UPS is frustrating to no end. If I would have known they would ship via UPS, I would have declined the whole deal. I avoid UPS like the plague, but I find my self stuck with them yet again.

It's always something with UPS. I once ordered my wife a replacement cell phone, then heard the UPS truck outside the door. As I opened the door, I hear a thud and see the driver at the side of the street turning back towards his truck. He literally threw my "fragile" package across my entire driveway, at my front door, from the street. A delivery just before that was a Bogner Shiva. I heard the doorbell ring so I walked over and looked through the peephole only to see the UPS guy standing straight up and literally just open his hands and let the package plummet to the ground; again marked "fragile." This is no exaggeration either because the delivery before the Shiva, I had a beautiful Gibson Les Paul Standard being held for pickup. I drove 1hr 15min to pick it up. When I got there, I had to wait 45 minutes just to find out that they lost the package. Unfortunately, I bought it in brand new condition but for only $1500 on Ebay. When I finally go the check 3 weeks later, I couldn't find as good a deal any more and had to spend another $200 more to get a comparable Les Paul. I swear it's always something with those guys every-single-time!

Man I'm so pissed off. I could be finding out all the sonic goodness people are describing about the Fokker right now if it weren't for this UPS crap. To make matters worse, I have a Soldano Hot Rod 25 on it's way via UPS to be delivered Thursday (I didn't know they shipped UPS until it was already sent), so rather than fool with UPS again, I had it held which means that I have to make yet another 1 hr 15 min trip on Thursday to pick that up.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'd probably still consider it a successful shipment if they didn't break it. I have not been having any luck with UPS recently. Hope you have a happy new amp day coming up.

cardinal":148myf0m said:
I'd probably still consider it a successful shipment if they didn't break it. I have not been having any luck with UPS recently. Hope you have a happy new amp day coming up.

Thanks and sorry to hear about your UPS troubles. It's ironic that their rates keep going up and their service keeps getting worse.

I watched the dumb fucking UPS worker drop my blueface out of the back of his truck onto the pavement....good thing it was in a road case behind those useless cardboard boxes filled with useless peanuts.

They get paid well and don't give a flying fuck about you or anyone.

jonl":fjezq5a0 said:
I watched the dumb fucking UPS worker drop my blueface out of the back of his truck onto the pavement....good thing it was in a road case behind those useless cardboard boxes filled with useless peanuts.

They get paid well and don't give a flying fuck about you or anyone.

Oh man! That's grounds for a good beating.

I am having a hard time deciding who is the worst fedex or ups. I have had stuff broke, lost, water damaged or just plain shiped to the wrong side of the US and back across "ground" shipping for a extra week by both of them more than I care to remember! :doh:

DHL has been good to me so far. :LOL: :LOL:

Best of luck to ya! :thumbsup:

And we will require some pics of the Fokker.

"Well hello there, Mister UPS man! YOUUU should have respected my authoritaaah!"

hqdefault.jpg

Back