Fokker mixed reviews ??

UberschallEL34":30psiffq said:
made this vid 30 seconds after unboxing and connecting cables - I had the gain at noon and was boosting, then turned gain down as this things has a lot of gain for sure.

wanted to just catch a clip to see how it sounded

Can you post your settings here?
This amp is sold as less functional option for the VH4. The fokker here sounds far, far more aggressive than my VH4 does so i'm curious how you've dialled it in. This sounds more like an SE+ or a cobra or something. I wouldn't have been able to tell it was a Diezel if I had my eyes shut. It sounds pretty mean. :)

I tend to have the gains dialled in at noon & use a tube screamer myself with my VH4 and it sounds no way near as aggressive as that.

Bass around 2:00. Middle around noon, Treble around 1:00, presence 2:00, deep 2:00
channel volume - noon, channel gain - noon, master around 9:00
Was boosting with a Mesa Flux (had the level too high personally as I hadn't adjusted it for this amp)
was running into my Bogner Uberkab and a V30 Bogner cab

for people who don't like boosting high dollar amps - meh, your call but seriously why complain about someones signal chain

and Herr is German way to address someone to show respect, and people complain about showing respect? this place never ceases to amaze me what people do to get their panties in a wad. P.S. I'm 1/4 German so piss off

UberschallEL34":d9xmu50w said:
Bass around 2:00. Middle around noon, Treble around 1:00, presence 2:00, deep 2:00
channel volume - noon, channel gain - noon, master around 9:00
Was boosting with a Mesa Flux (had the level too high personally as I hadn't adjusted it for this amp)
was running into my Bogner Uberkab and a V30 Bogner cab

Sounds gnarly man :thumbsup: . The Dmoll & Fokker definitely have their own sound going on.

I run a driven tube screamer out front of my VH4 so i'm with you there. It gives me better pick attack and seems to compress it a little, which I like.

I had a DMoll and traded it off like a moron, wish I still had it. Dmoll was closer to the Herbert - Fokker closer to VH4 to my ears. Can't go wrong really

eddyrox":1crlky57 said:
King Guitar":1crlky57 said:
Would you like a refund on what you pay to be here?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Brad, that's fukking classic. PERIOD. :rawk:

Yeah that's classic until you consider all the tech advice I've freely given and continue to give here. There's no refunding that. It's not always about the cash money.

MississippiMetal":pgevlp6f said:
eddyrox":pgevlp6f said:
King Guitar":pgevlp6f said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Brad, that's fukking classic. PERIOD. :rawk:

Yeah that's classic until you consider all the tech advice I've freely given and continue to give here. There's no refunding that. It's not always about the cash money.

~Abstract~":2wu7bnl9 said:
MississippiMetal":2wu7bnl9 said:
eddyrox":2wu7bnl9 said:
King Guitar":2wu7bnl9 said:

Don't be mad because I pointed out what a tard you are for patronizing Peter with your google translate bullshit.

MississippiMetal":3psp8brb said:
~Abstract~":3psp8brb said:
MississippiMetal":3psp8brb said:
eddyrox":3psp8brb said:
King Guitar":3psp8brb said:

Don't be mad because I pointed out what a tard you are for patronizing Peter with your google translate bullshit.

XZIBIT-LOL-Why-you-mad-thou.jpg

I figured you were talking about me. You're pretty transparent.

FYI...I spend quite a bit of time in Germany, I even own property there.

:D

But I'll tell you what sweetcheeks...would it make your sandy little vag feel better if I didn't speak in a foreign language you obviously can't understand without Google?

I'm sorry and I promise it won't happen very much. The me speaking in German thing, not your pussy-hurt thing...you obviously have a tendency to wear your flaws on your sleeve.

Maybe you should cut back on the alcohol? It (and your butthurt) are making you look like a fool. ;)

Oh look out! You got me now! You own property! Must mean your Deutsch is fluent.

At this point it's clear I've stepped into the bro den, so I'm not gonna continue with this. Good day to you, sirs.

MississippiMetal":2pfhaq3z said:
Oh look out! You got me now! You own property! Must mean your Deutsch is fluent.

At this point it's clear I've stepped into the bro den, so I'm not gonna continue with this. Good day to you, sirs.

Holy shit. The autism is off the fucking charts with this one.

Good day to you, sir. Go back from where you came...and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I'm German/Austrian, so everyone can go fuck themselves...

Now back to the Lil'Fokker being a righteous piece of kit :D :rock:

Uncle Mo

Is the Fokker the best Diezel?

Best cleans. Second best mid gain. Great modern medal. Awesome over the top gain.
Best price...

Maybe...it may be the best Diezel.

~Abstract~":2fj5sv6f said:
Is the Fokker the best Diezel?

Best cleans. Second best mid gain. Great modern medal. Awesome over the top gain.
Best price...

Maybe...it may be the best Diezel.
Word :salute:

dont mind i just wanna ask some question about the lill fokker?

is the fokker all about a thick juicy, fire breather, yet tight and saturated kinda tone? i watched the vid so many times when Mr Peter was talking to a host of premier guitar with the guy shooting the juice out of the fokker with a standberg EMGs... that channel 2 high gain was awe ! hearing via the vids.. was thinking if thats the exact tone i'll be getting when played face to face with the fokker ?

how many preamp stages has this got? all 12ax7?

probably this amp can be more aggressive and tighter with a loaded Lungdren set :gethim:

Cabinets seem to make a big difference with the Fokker. Sounded great with a 1960b with 75's. Not so hot with an oversized Mesa and V30s.

YMMV

Back