Fokker mixed reviews ??

cujo

Guys that are playing it, one says no for brutal heavy music ? Why is that ? This can't cop a devildriver lamb of god tone ?

Sounds like vh4 no sounds like Herbert ? Wtf which is it ?

Doesn't have huge bottom end like dmoll? Didn't know Diezel left out the boom in his amp,did he this time?

This is a classic amp? Classic rock tone ? If so dead to me but I find it hard to believe this won't do heavy metal it's a fkn Diezel man?

Plz clarify n someone make a clip or video that's worth a fuck.

cujo":ybgo0cqy said:
Guys that are playing it, one says no for brutal heavy music ? Why is that ? This can't cop a devildriver lamb of god tone ?

Sounds like vh4 no sounds like Herbert ? Wtf which is it ?

Doesn't have huge bottom end like dmoll? Didn't know Diezel left out the boom in his amp,did he this time?

This is a classic amp? Classic rock tone ? If so dead to me but I find it hard to believe this won't do heavy metal it's a fkn Diezel man?

Plz clarify n someone make a clip or video that's worth a fuck.

It gets as brutal as you need to get. Simple controls, but very effective.

I don't have a VH4 pr Herbie here to compare. I can't decide which one it really sounds like either so just say it had its own sound, and it is a very cool sound indeed.

Plenty of bottom end, probably as much as DMoll or more.

The clean channel is very flexible. It's incredibly good. It sounds kind of classic to me because it sounds too good for what people usually expect in a high gain amp.

For metal it's really up to the user. For me personally, I get more percussive palm mutes and crunch with like an SLO or something brighter like that. It's just how it fits my style at this point. I'm sure I'll make adjustments in my technique and get it better with this amp, but I'm not really going after that right now because I'm enjoying the lead sound so much.

I think your title is very misleading. I wouldn't consider everyone loving the amp to be mixed reviews. Fuzz bomb doesnt sound derragatory either. They are saying if you want mesa get mesa. If you like Diezel tones fokker delivers in spades. If you like herbert get a herbert. Just because people cant agree on which Diezel it is closer to doesnt mean it's a mixed review. It means it is its own amp with its own take on the signature Diezel sound. A Diezel sounds like a Diezel kind of like a Marshall sounds like a marshall or mesa like a mesa. Similar as to create a signature, but different from each other. Dude people have had these amps less than a week and you are demanding wonderful clips to judge them. Most of us have lives outside of music. Do yourself a favor and go play one and bring your guitar then you will know first hand if it is for you.

Did you just throw out the "we have lives" card?
This is RigTalk dammit, use a sick day & give us the clips we need!

I've got a Herbert.

And a Fokker.

The Fokker sounds/feels more like a VH4 than Herbert.

Herbert excels with Midcut. Fokker can get VERY ANGRY...but not scooped like you have to be careful of Herbert.

Herbert can get easily lost in the mix if midcut is used too heavily.

Fokker will never have that problem.

Cleans and crunch on Fokker are head and shoulders above Herbert or VH4.

Fokker tones are best.

How's that for a mixed review? lol

I was deciding between the Fokker and D-Moll for my first Diezel. Based on some great clips I went with a D-Moll. At this point I think I made the right choice. Looking forward to more Fokker clips.

When deciding between the two I considered all the features. I know the Fokker has less features to save on cost but for only $500 more the D-Moll has three channels, parallel and series loop, mid-cut feature, mute feature, midi, and classic Diezel metal grill. If you ask me, the D-Moll is the real relative "bargain".

I'm sure Fokker is great but I am very happy with the D-Moll so far.

Crunchtime":31swbk4r said:
I was deciding between the Fokker and D-Moll for my first Diezel. Based on some great clips I went with a D-Moll. At this point I think I made the right choice. Looking forward to more Fokker clips.

When deciding between the two I considered all the features. I know the Fokker has less features to save on cost but for only $500 more the D-Moll has three channels, parallel and series loop, mid-cut feature, mute feature, midi, and classic Diezel metal grill. If you ask me, the D-Moll is the real relative "bargain".

Huh , great point !

Crunchtime":23vwcv9m said:

Well you kind of get more in a way tonewise from the Fokker. The DMoll has a great clean channel, but the Fokker is probably the best clean of any Diezel. That's one thing. Then I personally think the simplicity of the circuitry lands itself to better tone. There's just something really cool and organic about the Lil Fokker. It has insane amounts of gain. You can scoop mids and all of that without the need for any extra controls. They're both great values and I'd love to see the Schmidt come down in price about $1000 too :thumbsup:

I'd love to see the Schmidt come down in price about $1000 too
ummmm Schmidt has been discontinued, hasn't it?

Guys that are playing it, one says no for brutal heavy music ? Why is that ? This can't cop a devildriver lamb of god tone?
Well, it has been said repeatedly that Fokker is meant to be more in the vh4 corner - so if said-people don't feel at home doing "br00tzzz" on the vh4 and prefer the herb or Misha's Line6 POD, well then they probably won't be that happy with the Fokker neither because it is meant to share the nod towards "classic" tones like the vh4. Want more "modern"? herb and hagen!
Yet there are tons of players doing the "br000tzzzz" on a vh4 just fine. Just depends what type of brutal sound you want and what flavor.

And how much do you really worry about a fat-ass low end as a guitar player? Are all your bass players on Roland cubes and drummers on Pringles cans or what???

I made one. It's on GAB.

Probably not very good since I didn't hear anything after I posted it.

The high gain at the end is with gain on 10. All tone controls around 1.

~Abstract~":366vjrrv said:
I made one. It's on GAB.

Probably not very good since I didn't hear anything after I posted it.

The high gain at the end is with gain on 10. All tone controls around 1.

Just send me the recording

Back