Diezel warranty info needed.

Crunchtime

I recently purchased a D-Moll and there was no warranty info or card in the box. I asked the dealer and he told me Diezels have never come with warranty cards and all I needed in a warranty situation was my receipt and the serial number. Ok, I told him sounds good.

Then yesterday, I removed the chassis from the headshell to check the bias. I was upset to see several scratches on the top of the chassis. I don't know if this could have happened during production or not. I checked out the preamp tubes and V1 was a TAD 7025 WA. I have read the D-Moll comes with all Chinese 12ax7. Next I checked the bias and it was a smoking hot 46ma per tube. Based on what Peter Diezel has stated, the power tubes should be at 35ma per tube. Would it really leave Diezel biased that hot? I've only played it a couple hourts and would not think it would drift that much.

I am starting to wonder if this is even a new amp. I paid new price because I wanted mint condition with warranty. I did not get mint condition and could have saved $1000 if I did not care about mint. I want to find out about this warranty deal before I contact the dealer as I don't really know if I trust his information regarding the warranty at this point.

Thanks.

Peter always recommends a EL34 bias be set at 35mA.

Make a copy of the receipt.

Then box it up and return it.

Sounds like "Crunchtime" IYKWIM . . .

Good luck!

Crunchtime":2y3ix135 said:
I recently purchased a D-Moll and there was no warranty info or card in the box. I asked the dealer and he told me Diezels have never come with warranty cards and all I needed in a warranty situation was my receipt and the serial number. Ok, I told him sounds good.

Then yesterday, I removed the chassis from the headshell to check the bias. I was upset to see several scratches on the top of the chassis. I don't know if this could have happened during production or not. I checked out the preamp tubes and V1 was a TAD 7025 WA. I have read the D-Moll comes with all Chinese 12ax7. Next I checked the bias and it was a smoking hot 46ma per tube. Based on what Peter Diezel has stated, the power tubes should be at 35ma per tube. Would it really leave Diezel biased that hot? I've only played it a couple hourts and would not think it would drift that much.

I am starting to wonder if this is even a new amp. I paid new price because I wanted mint condition with warranty. I did not get mint condition and could have saved $1000 if I did not care about mint. I want to find out about this warranty deal before I contact the dealer as I don't really know if I trust his information regarding the warranty at this point.

Thanks.

We have all serial numbers in our system and need no warranty cards.

Please send an email with your serial number to service (at) diezelamplification ( dot) com

cardinal":3ursohsa said:
I'd just return it and ask for a unopened, new-in-box replacement.

The scratches are not really much. They are inside the shell and this dealer has 2 week return limit that has passed now. The bias is not big deal as I have corrected it. I know I have a warranty so I will keep it and be wary of this dealer in the future. The D-Moll really is my favorite amp I have owned and I have had close to 50 tube amps now. I want to be out of the amp flipping game. The D-Moll is my final amp. It suits my needs and style perfectly. Therefore, I will not stress about a couple scratches inside the headshell as resale is not a factor.

Now, I just need to educate myself about midi and select a controller.

Back