VH4 going crazy -solved-

paaty

Has anyone heard this type of noise coming from an amplifier? It has happened more and more lately. Usually a couple of minutes after firing up the amp and taking it off standby. Have also had midi problems lately, channels freezing up and having to reboot the amp to be able to switch channels again. I had midi problems with the same amp a few years back. Peter then sent me a new midi chip which I replaced, but now the problem seems to be back.

Link to video with the crazy noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6MmPBQ9QU

Cheers.

Paaty

Let me get rude for a moment and I know it´s your first post.

A bad tube amp has is issues to 99% on bad tubes.

Bad tubes can destroy the amps components.

Why take the effort to do a video for the internet public
to show the issue ? I know you doing with your smart phone
very well.

In the old days we went to the dealer and ask for repair.
In 2014 we are crying all over the internet and forgot
how to get the real help.

1) Contact your dealer
2) Contact me at peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Cheers,
Peter

Thank you for the quick response, Peter.

First of all, my intension was not to go crying on the internet, but simply to have somewhere for the reader to see the video. I tried to upload it directly to the post, but I couldn't get it to work. I have seen others link to a youtube video, so I thought it might be a good idea. That was also my first youtube video upload ever, and I'll gladly remove it!

Secondly, I DO prefer to deal with the professionals (you) of course and I DID send you an e-mail about this, dated april 30. with the subject "VH4 - noise and midi problems". If you have not received it, let me know and I will send it again. I only made this posting to see if someone else in the forum recognized the noise and could give me some feedback as to what the problem is.

Again, let me know if I need to send you the e-mail again.

Thanks

paaty":qs4nckgk said:
Thank you for the quick response, Peter.

First of all, my intension was not to go crying on the internet, but simply to have somewhere for the reader to see the video. I tried to upload it directly to the post, but I couldn't get it to work. I have seen others link to a youtube video, so I thought it might be a good idea. That was also my first youtube video upload ever, and I'll gladly remove it!

Secondly, I DO prefer to deal with the professionals (you) of course and I DID send you an e-mail about this, dated april 30. with the subject "VH4 - noise and midi problems". If you have not received it, let me know and I will send it again. I only made this posting to see if someone else in the forum recognized the noise and could give me some feedback as to what the problem is.

Again, let me know if I need to send you the e-mail again.

Thanks

Sorry, I had a very bad day and you are every time welcome.
Since I lost some emails because of server issues (therefor
the bad mood) I didn´t get your email. Please send it again
to peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Sorry,
Peter

i can understand your worries, but i'd never have the idea
to post a failed light bulb when this happens in the public.
this is really comparable and can happen to every tube amp.

Back