Blowing fuses.

tripstan

So I blew a fuse before last nights gig. Normal blown fuse, pop in a spare and everything is good. Hour or 2 later the fuse explodes in the socket. What happened? Can I just put in a new fuse, power tubes and rebias? Or do I need to have it serviced?

tripstan":2191dgwq said:
So I blew a fuse before last nights gig. Normal blown fuse, pop in a spare and everything is good. Hour or 2 later the fuse explodes in the socket. What happened? Can I just put in a new fuse, power tubes and rebias? Or do I need to have it serviced?

Which fuse is blowing - the mains fuse or the tube fail fuse?

So I went to trouble shoot today. And the amp isn't getting any power. Put in new tubes and a new fuse and nothing. Any suggestions? Or a recommendation to a tech in the US? It's a 100 watt Einstein.

Is there a fuse where the power cord plugs into the amp? I have no experience with the Einstein, but I assume it does.

Sigma.Xiria":3cwvbej6 said:
Is there a fuse where the power cord plugs into the amp? I have no experience with the Einstein, but I assume it does.
I'm late but thought I'd let everyone know. It was this. I feel like a totally boob. Why/how would a Diezel blow up? After looking under the hood the damn thing is built like a spaceship! The saddest part is that I think I did the exact same thing last year and posted on hear too. :doh:

tripstan":2e73wxxd said:
Sigma.Xiria":2e73wxxd said:
I'm late but thought I'd let everyone know. It was this. I feel like a totally boob. Why/how would a Diezel blow up? After looking under the hood the damn thing is built like a spaceship! The saddest part is that I think I did the exact same thing last year and posted on hear too. :doh:

Don't sweat it :thumbsup:

Back