Can anyone compare the Fokker to the Einstein?

djpatb

The only Diezel I have owned was a 100 watt Einstein head.
It was my 2nd favorite live amp in all my years of gigging. (I always end up going back to my EL34 Bogner Shiva)
I love the layout of the Fokker. It is set up exactly as I would want a live rig to be configured. (dirtyish clean + thick heavy rhythm + lead boost/2nd master)
If the Lil Fokker sounds a little bit thicker & bigger than the Einstein, it just might be my next amp.
Can anyone compare these 2 models? Thanks!

Yes. I think the fokker is superior in nearly every way. Fokker has a different kind of sound though. For me it cuts through the mix better and sounds better doing it. Its not as thick in the muddy sense as Einstein, but it sounds bigger in the full mix to me if that makes sense.

If you get a fokker and dont like it ill trade you my einey with a road case for it. I have no use for Einstein anymore!

I'd be interested in hearing an A/B comparison with the same cab, guitar, etc. of these 2 amps...

I don't have experience with the Einstein...

But...

I've owned an early VH4S, a later VH4, a Herbert, and a Fokker...I've also spent some time with a Hagen.

The Fokker may be the best sounding amp of all of those.

I'd still own it if it had more channels. I think the simplicity aids in the pureness of tone.

You cannot go wrong with a Fokker.

Back