Diezel start up question ?

jimw427

Newbie here, just purchased a used Diezel Schmidt, and love it so far. Just have a question on powering up the amp on, I noticed when I turned the power on, the blue channel light turns on briefly and then turns off for a second or two and then turns on and stays on. From that point all works well and functions normal, its just this little flicker of the channel light when the power is first switched on that I am questioning if that is normal for Diezel amps, this is the first I have ever used or even seen in person so I have no idea. Thanks for any help..... Love the amp.... Jim

All the channel lights come on on my VH4 when it is turned on. The lights all then go off. The previously selected channel then clicks on.

This is a Diezel "thing." I have owned a few, not a Schmidt, but they all do this.

Peter could tell you why I'm sure, but it is a thing that Diezel's do. No problem, just let it be :thumbsup:

The same with the Hagen. For a few times it went "Xmas tree" when shutting down, it was weird, but it didn't seem to affect it.

It helps you see if there are any broken LEDs. Also, the hearty "chunk" degaussing sound when you flip the switch is normal - it let's you know it ripped the space-time-continuum for you and is now tapping directly into the sounds of matter and the universe! :)

Back