In regards to custom tubes for Vh4

O731

So I did some research and apparently this combo is the best tube combo for a vh4...

"TAD JJ ECC83 in the V1 and Ruby 12AX7C HG and HG+ V2-V7. Ruby EL34BHT X 4."

I looked up these bad boys and they seem like they're the way to go. I just have a quick question. I know the x4 are power tubes.

However, this is my first time using new tubes on a tube amp head. I'm a little confused about v1-v7...

Should I be using HG+ or HG on V2-V7? What I mean by this is which order and arrangement would be optimal?

Split em both ways so I get say.... 3 HG+'s and 3 HG's? or is there some sort of special arrangement when it comes to organizing V2-V7?

Basically what i'm asking is if I were to order new tubes, how should I arrange the V1-V7, seems I can't go wrong with this setup.

There is a new one:

Diezel Stock tubes 08.06.2014

V1: 12AX7-B High grade selection on B-side 678

V2: 12AX7-B High grade selection on B-side 678

V3, V4, V5, V6 (V7, V8, V9:) 12AX7-B

Reverb: 12AT7-C

Power tubes KT77-JJ with 35mA bias each tube, 70mA each pair

So you're saying that this should be perfect out of box? This is what I expect from the VH4 but i'm always one to change and upgrade things right away.

This seems to be a future list so i'll keep my eyes open for this one

Yes, Diezels are perfect new out of the box. IIRC the tubes are hand selected @ Diezel for each amp.

As far as the list Peter posted: That's the current list. Most of the world does Day, Month, Year which makes more sense if you think about it. From left to right it goes from shortest amount of time to longest.

Back