D-Moll 4x12 speaker recommendations?

crankyrayhanky

I have a few amps, but the D-Moll is my #1, so when I go shopping for speakers, I'd like it match it up. v30s are a sound that speak to me and they are in Diezel cabs, so maybe that is the way to go? Or should I look at Warehouse? They have some cool offerings, including a v30 'inspired' speaker.

I have a Krank 4x12 that is X wired, so getting 2 pairs of complimentary speakers is the end goal. I currently have (2) Texas Heats and (1) Legend. The Texas Heats are cool for some stuff, but not ideal on the low end for hi gain hard rock/metal which is most of my interest. I do like the Legend.

I may grab 2 WGS v30 types...or perhaps their Greenback clones IDK...until money allows, I may have to put the 1 legend and 1 THeat on one cross and the new pair on the other

EV12L looks tempting, but so much cash and weight!

My head is spinning; any feedback appreciated!

I have a 1x12 with an EVM, and I love how the D-moll sounds with the EVM.
The cost is more the issue for me, and the fact that you can't get EVMs in 16 ohms anywhere.

I have a 2x12 that would be a great cab for a pair of EVMs, but I'd like it to be compatible with my 4x12, which is 8.

Sometimes crossing speakers defeats the purpose. V30s are always a win with Diezel.

Peter also recommends an eminence. I don't recall which though. Might try a search or maybe he will chime in.

crankyrayhanky":ko9qkqbt said:
I have a few amps, but the D-Moll is my #1, so when I go shopping for speakers, I'd like it match it up. v30s are a sound that speak to me and they are in Diezel cabs, so maybe that is the way to go? Or should I look at Warehouse? They have some cool offerings, including a v30 'inspired' speaker.

I have a Krank 4x12 that is X wired, so getting 2 pairs of complimentary speakers is the end goal. I currently have (2) Texas Heats and (1) Legend. The Texas Heats are cool for some stuff, but not ideal on the low end for hi gain hard rock/metal which is most of my interest. I do like the Legend.

I may grab 2 WGS v30 types...or perhaps their Greenback clones IDK...until money allows, I may have to put the 1 legend and 1 THeat on one cross and the new pair on the other

EV12L looks tempting, but so much cash and weight!

My head is spinning; any feedback appreciated!

The Warehouse Retro 30 is a great inexpensive alternative to a V30. The Veteran 30 would be a little too smoothed out, IMO.

Back