So what would you do?????

1meanplexi

Hey Crew!

I have a slight dilemma going on. I currently own a VH4 which has been nothing but incredible. But....after listening to the lil fokker i seem to be torn. I do not use any of the 4's midi features or let alone the channel inserts. More of a plug and play type thing for me. Nonetheless I would love to have both but it would have to be one or the other. Here is a clip of my 4. Do you guys think the Fokker could deliver the same end result? Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. :rock: On!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ugLvqgvKQ

I am getting the Fokker. Like you I don't need the midi and a striped down
2 channel diezel based on what I heard is perfect for my needs

Just as an aside, what settings are you using in that YT clip on ch3 ? Is there a boost involved ? Sounds nice and gainy.

If you enjoy the VH4 I would find a way to save for the Fokker and hang onto it.

The criteria of only having one amp means you will eventually want to sell the Fokker for another Diezel model or amp down the road, just imo.

With multiple amps if you need to take a break from one amp you can plug into the other one(s).

Mailman1971":q6fy8siz said:
I am getting the Fokker. Like you I don't need the midi and a striped down
2 channel diezel based on what I heard is perfect for my needs

Hey Big D!

Been a while. When do ya plan on picking up the Fokker?

Philhouse":2x6j32t3 said:
Just as an aside, what settings are you using in that YT clip on ch3 ? Is there a boost involved ? Sounds nice and gainy.

Hey,

Straight in. Nailbombs pushing the shit out of the front end. Lot's of preamp gain happening.

Thinking the VH4 was once too much for my needs I 'downgraded' to an AxeFX ultra rig. After a few months I pined for a tube amp again & bought an Einstein. Although the Einstein was great, I did miss the multi-voice EQ & some of the functionality. The opportunity came up & I ended up with a VH4 once again & really haven't looked back.
Although I too don't fully benefit from the VH4's functionality, I'm reluctant to switch her out again. If I did, i'm pretty certain I'd regret the decision.

If finances didn't dictate, then i'd agree with getting a fokker & running the two together. If you found the VH4 became redundant, you'd know to sell it then.
The VH4 delivers similar-ish tones to the fokker supposedly. If you ever needed the functionality, you've at least got it.

Hew Crew!

Thanks for all the replies. Last night I plugged in my LP Custom that just had BNK Aftermaths installed and realized that the 4 is the ultimate tone machine. Seems like there is quite a bit of sellers remorse once the 4 is gone. Even though I do not use all the features it is always good to have the bullets if I need them. So with all that, the 4 is staying and once I get the scratch, the Fokker will be added. :rock: on and again, thanks guys!

You have chosen..........Wisely.

indiana_jones_grail_knight-resize.jpg

Back