Decomp mod thread

duesentrieb

You can start again without flaming ...

Please also don' t quote personal emails with technical information which can easily be misunderstood.

Also it should be clear that there are lethal volts inside tube amps . On the position of the decomp mod there are up to 200 V DC.

In case you shouldn't follow these "suggestions", I will start to edit, a thing which I normally don't do.

Olaf

So I had read them both and all I saw was... a gigantic disagreement and falling-out over a very tiny detail or rather personal opinion/recomendation, right? Or did I miss a whole bunch of meta-events? :confused: :scared:

What a waste of those poor, innocent bytes on the harddisks and intarwebs! What they ever done to you? :LOL: :LOL:

Some people should NOT be allowed to touch the power switch of a amp much less poke around inside a machine with enough current to kill them. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the clean up Olaf. :rock:

Again I'm sorry for my angle of approach in the other threads....

Now as far as the mod, it is my opinion it is a very effective mod that is obvious to hear. It adds a different flavor to what I already consider to be the best amp in the world. The Diezel VH4.
Thanks to Peter for being classy earlier.

Guys,

if you have questions, if you have issues, if you are upset,
if you need any support or if you are sad while your girlfriend is gone ;)

Feel free to contact me via email, phone or skype.

Let´s stay a peaceful family.

Cheers,
Peter

Tone Monster":4ys2ewgt said:
Again I'm sorry for my angle of approach in the other threads....

Now as far as the mod, it is my opinion it is a very effective mod that is obvious to hear. It adds a different flavor to what I already consider to be the best amp in the world. The Diezel VH4.
Thanks to Peter for being classy earlier.

Thank you so much, Clint.

Next beer is on me :thumbsup:

yiFkYJb.png

Good Guy Papa Diezel - always there for us! :rock:

Peter Diezel":2uzhlvcc said:
Guys,

Cheers,
Peter
Pops.......I ran out of Whiskey earlier. I know this isnt an Email but was hoping you can help? :LOL: :LOL:

By the way......I Still owe you a 5th of your choice of Whiskey, Bourbon or whatever you like.
You helped me out when I had my Herbert and we joke about this. :D

Signed,

Hugging from Peter Diezels Nuts........ :thumbsup:

Danno

Not to step in something, but I think some of the issue is confusion over what Jens' mod actually is. Since it's adjustable and involves a potentiometer, I wonder if it's really just adding an adjustment to the amount of negative feedback rather than the component swaps that update an older VH4 to current spec. Adjustable negative feedback isn't really "decompression," but it kinda fits the description of what he says it does.

Peter Diezel":142ppyig said:
Guys,

Cheers,
Peter

:LOL: :LOL: Classic Quote

Mailman1971":5gs4on33 said:
Peter Diezel":5gs4on33 said:
Guys,

Cheers,
Peter
Pops.......I ran out of Whiskey earlier. I know this isnt an Email but was hoping you can help? :LOL: :LOL:

By the way......I Still owe you a 5th of your choice of Whiskey, Bourbon or whatever you like.
You helped me out when I had my Herbert and we joke about this. :D

Signed,

Hugging from Peter Diezels Nuts........ :thumbsup:

Danno

:LOL: :LOL:

What ever is your choice, send me a bottle :rock:

I'm fairly certain it's some variation of cap and potentiometer adjustment between the cathode follower and tonestack. Perhaps a 10nf and 50-250k pot wired as a varistor to DC ground.

Back