Diezel Hagen solo sound settings

MacOSatch

Hello, can you share your solo sound settings with your Hagen?

Or perhaps you can help me to achieve the most possible similar sound as (I know if I want a Marshall I shall take a Marshall :) JVM 410JS (Satriani sig) Crunch Channel Red (shall be sort of AFD-100, hot roded JCM800), or Orange Channel Orange (both everything at noon, with V30).

I tried a lot of setting on Hagens CH4, but somehow it is always sort of compressed, dark, does not cut well.
Better to say on the zoom rehearsal recordings is not so bad, as how I hear/feel the sound when I play (and of course I tried different hearing position).

Last two settings were (o'clock) – Presence 1:30, Bass 11:
- Gain 12, Treble 3, Middle 2, Bass 12
- Gain 10:30, Treble 2, Middle 3, Bass 12

CH3 I use for rhythm sound and like it a lot. The same sound as lead I do not like.
- Gain 1:30, Treble 3, Middle 12, Bass 1:30

Guitar is Gibson Les Paul with Häussel 1959 Custom+ on bridge (about 12K, I think).

Thanks!

Thanks, I tried "cranked" mids too (eg treble 12-3, bass 11-14, mids 14-16 ... feels "plastic" :) gain over 1 in CH#4 squeals to much (and I like the gain at 12 better), but I will try it for sure again.

Next question would be, how much influence on sound have volume pro channel?
Because I use them only to level the channels – played two variations:
- ch#1 12, ch#2 10, ch#3 9, ch#4 9
- ch#1 15, ch#2 12, ch#3 12, ch#4 12

but did not noticed a difference.

I use Diezel 2x12 RL with Mesa V30, tried also with Custom Audio 2x12 FL with Mesa V30 and both cabs at the same time

Not sure how well this works on the Hagen but have you tried turning Deep almost off? At least on the vh4 that gets you a lot closer. And I think the Hagen Ch2 should give you lots of classic rock too.

No, Deep completely off I did not try. I tried at 9 and above.
And yes, I did not try yet, but thought about it to use Ch2 as lead, I will look if there is enough gain and at the moment I use Ch2 for some lower crunch sounds ...

Isn't the JVM 410S very uncompressed/"saturated" etc. ? How about you use Ch-3 or even Ch-2 and just max the gain.

Running the channel volumes at max gives the sound a little more juice (that's what I like to call it) on my Herbert and it also sounded good on the D-moll.

Also try messing around with extreme settings on the tone controls. Max or cut the treble and adjust the presence. Do this also with bass vs depth and mid vs all other tone controls.

Thanks!

Regarding volume knobs, I thought they are also fx loop send level for each channel, so running at middle (not to high) would be optimal.

I used a Hagen a lot with Les Paul and Häussel 1959. Love the sound of this combo. I found that if one cranks the poweramp section the Hagen will sing like a Diva. Do you have to solo with ch 4? My preferred lead channel on the Hagen is the 3rd and the 4th is my higher gain rhythm - better cutting/thicker mids respectively. IMMV

I use CH3 for my main rhythm sound, I like it a lot. So I need the solo sound on other channel. CH3 (with my settings) but louder does not fit as solo sound for me.

Thanks for your posts but I got a good proposal for selling my Hagen, so I am (soon) not Diezel user anymore – let us see for how long ;-)
I think I will test some other models ...

If you have a hagan amp and it wont cut with 2 master volumns maybe you set one louder than the other for leads,i couldn't imagine a 100 watt amp not cutting.If you are standing right on top of it and its a 2 or 4x12 its in your knees.Every time the amp is in another room it will sound different,eq" I understand what you mean,the amp is very smooth and more gain seems to be more compressed,more gain is never the option to punch through.A Marshall jvm will cut easier but its also a nastier sound,harsh and very pitchy on the high end,does that mean it cuts better?.I think the true question is does the amp have the tone you love to hear?If so your search should end there.I think the Hagan is a work of art as any Diezel.mids and highs are what separate you.

Back