Frontloaded 4x12 questions

Erock09291

I found a great deal on a used Diezel 4x12fl and just pulled the trigger on it. It has the Eminence customs, but I think they're in an X pattern with V30's. Due to the speakers it comes with I gotta assume it's an old model 4x12fl, and I'm wondering whether the old ones were made in the US or Germany? Also what speaker options were available with the old frontloaders? Maybe Peter can chime in on this cuz I need some help. I almost didn't buy it due to the eminence (had em in my RL and they sounded muffled. Got Tonetubbies in there now :) The sales rep said it was very clear and not muddy which leads me to believe they are x-patterned with v30's cuz I read somewhere that was an option. He said it slayed the Orange and Marshall cabs with v30's that he tried it against, so I decided I'd go for it and swap out if I'm unhappy. Looking back maybe he was just trying to move it, but he sounded legit. Got 30 days to send it back too if I really hate it lol

If it has a red ring on the mono input jack
it´s mostly an US cab.

I would recommend 4 V30 or 2 V30 and 2 K100.
But always a matter of taste.

Cheers,
Peter

It does have the red mono jack, thanks for clarifying. :thumbsup: People say the new cabs are a lot better... If that's the case I can't even imagine! I actually dig the Eminence for the most part, sound killer if you're directly in the line of fire but lose their cut if you're off to the side at all. Is this down to the construction of the cab or is it because those speakers are so heavily doped? Thanks for the help brother, cheers! :rock:

I would guess form the heavy doping or that they are Eminence. I have a 2x12 FL closed back cab with V30's that cuts and fills great with my Einstein. I think that's why Peter recommends them :rock:

Back