DIEZEL AMPS NOW IN MUSICIAN'S FRIEND!!!

From the brand new Musician's Friend catalog:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 856
MikeToddOnline":qdeb2587 said:
May Peter Diezel steal all those future potential Engl Powerball and EVH 5150 III amp buyers, ha!

Not a flexible way of looking at things. Engls are great amps. It's great that you can go to MF and choose from Diezel, Engl, EVH, Orange, Bogner, etc... instead of the same old Fender, Marshall, Peavey crap we've been settling for for years.

Uber Metal: I do agree in the sense that capitalism is or should be a fair trading field. I agree that it kicks butt that (at least in this particular edition of MF) that you can get boutiques and they're all listed on the same, single page. But I prefer Diezel and want the company to thrive and stay around and not go the way of Metaltronix, etc. You can't stay in business if you don't make money and a lot of Diezels are too expensive for most people. EVH will go on and on because Ed is such an icon and they sell (not to mention the Van Halen merch page) TONS of stuff from cables to the fun stripey MIM guitars. I found the Powerball 2 I played flat and unresponsive. Granted it beat the boogies and the marshalls but the EVH 5150 beat it and I really don't get how a hecho en mejico amp could sound better than a German Engineered boutique. But.. I still have to go to the Engl NoHo store and try the other models. My friend swears the Iron ball or whatever is great and that the Special Edition is the best amp he's ever played. And at 5k it damn well better be haha! I was just basically wishing Peter and his company good tidings and good luck in business, wasn't really about flexible capitalistic thinking or fairness to other companies. I own a Diezel, I'm on team Diezel so that's who I prop. No disrespect meant. I'd still own an Engl over a Marshall or Mesa any day. Mesas are mass produced now and it shows in the quality. The cab I bought had glaring "mistakes" and the triple rec and dual rec sound dated and the mark v is just horrible. Im convinced the ones Petrucci uses are completely different than the stock ones sold. They sound nothing alike. i do stand by my statement on another thread that the EVH 5150 III is the next best thing if you can't afford a Diezel, but now with the Little Fucker Diezel at $2,200 or whatever, hopefully people can! Cheers

MikeTodd: I for one would love if my friends jumped on the Diezel train, and it's always really cool meeting someone else who plays them. I must disagree however about the Mark V. It was my first foray into the world of multi-channel heads so maybe I'm biased, but it definitely has its own thing going on. It does take a very long time to get acquainted with and *can* sound like absolute ass if not eq'ed properly, but once you've got it down pat it sits really well in a mix and is lively and full of character. Obviously I'd still take Herbie over my mark any day, and I haven't even turned the Mesa on in a few weeks :LOL: :LOL: That being said don't right it off until you've had the opportunity to borrow it from a friend or something and really get to know it :thumbsup:

Back