VH4 Tubes?

psbhachu

Going to be ordering up another VH4 to run with my Mark V.

I've had a discussion about thing with Steve King last night and i'm just trying to get peoples opinions. I've heard good things about the VH4 running EL34s or 6550s.

Would love some feedback :)

Cheers

EL34 I just asked Pete about this thru email, he recommended the winged C. I'm not really a fan of the kt77 the break up is too smooth. Stuck with them for now until I get some money for the 34's

1meanplexi":3jdaujfo said:
psbhachu":3jdaujfo said:
I'm really torn between the 6550s and EL34s. Especially after hearing this <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7zIoNd0aA</span>

I have Winged C EL-34's. Got the whole set pre and power from Laura. I do really like that clip and may have to try 6550's. Keep in mind with that he is slamming the front end with EMG's :thumbsup: !

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to get my tubes from Laura, being in the UK makes that difficult. I wouldn't trust tubes being shipped from so far away to arrive in one piece! :( :( :(

I'm using GE6550's in mine. Love the way it sounds. I play in C/B standard and drop that down too, so the balls is needed. Its a very percussive/tight/powerful sound. I'm wondering if i could get away with throwing some Gold Lion KT88's in it? But i've read that Peter doesnt recommend KT88's for the VH4...

What say you Mr D?

Back