just bought a used Diezel Einstein

rabies

I may need a footswitch, where can I buy one and how much?

What is the phone # for Diezel customer service in Los Angeles, CA?

Peter Diezel":2anirkb1 said:
Every simple stereo footswitch will work.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter, I will try my Marshall double footswitch. I'm guessing the EFX loop can't be switched?

btw, where would I take my amp for service in Los Angeles?

I have a Diezel footswitch for I believe an Einstein. It has a stereo 1/4" jack and two buttons. "Channel and master." PM me if you are interested, I don't need it.

I had the fx-loop op my Einstein 100 modded here in Belgium being switchable via the out-jack at the back.
For me every flexible amp should have this stock (had it done on my 4-option SLO100 too, also via the slave-out jack).
Super amp that Einstein tho.

V

Got the amp yesterday. Sounds great at low volumes in channel 1 (played thru with the Ibanez AS153 only so far). Tried only at home volumes so far. Series and parallel loops are better sounding than my marhsall or rivera afaict.

In fact, with Ruby EL34's this amp has one of the nicest clean sounds I've played thru using my TC G Major with chorus and delay. Not much gain/compression in the preamp section apparently but I'll find out at the studio on Saturday.

I'm hoping to use the G Major into the parallel loop and replace both the Marshall and Rivera (less stuff to carry around!) Hopefully it will have the note separation/clarity using jazz chords and distortion...

RJF":282mxhrd said:
I have a Diezel footswitch for I believe an Einstein. It has a stereo 1/4" jack and two buttons. "Channel and master." PM me if you are interested, I don't need it.

thanks for the offer but my Marshall double footswitch seems to work fine.

Is the master 2 acting like a solo boost?

So i just jammed (very loudly) at the studio. By far ch2 has the meanest/most intimidating authoritative hard-rock or metal sound I've ever heard thru my own hands in E or D with a LP and mesa 412 old skool cab (half open back). I couldn't turn the master past 9 o'clock, brutally loud and the deep knob was past noon around 2 o'clock. most other knobs near noon.

pretty quiet in terms of noise and unwanted feedback without a noise gate I was surprised. I ran into the parallel efx loop the G major. Seems to have real nice clarity and great both for rhythms and leads. Great for shredding and pinched harmonics. I didn't really even need to use the OD808 maxon much at all.

I'm going to try using the gflex 212 ported cab next time. This amp seems very touch sensitive and organic in my hands with both my guitars. I still miss the Marshall "presence" and cut but this is definitely the best overall amp I've ever used. Would like the 3 modes to be footswitchable and the efx loop to be footswitchable as well.

Is the D-moll considered an Einstein 2 (i.e. improvement)?

If you run the efx loop (parallel) 100% do you still have the split dry/wet signal or is it 100% wet? couldn't really tell.

Excellent amp for the used price of $1650 I paid, seems like a killer deal.

Truly great for seriously sinister metal tones and leads.

btw, the liquid sustain in ch 2 was really amazing. very easy to do tapping and shredding and long legato/vibrato holds.

and as far as tonal clarity with jazz chords (e.g. E7#9 or Ediminished or E5add#11, etc.) I could hear the single notes ring out, not 100% perfect with the amount of gain I was using (again gain around or past noon)

all in all i'd say a very inspiring amp to play thru, a definite keeper except for the fact maybe a 50watt head might be adequate for my needs.

rabies":38ga24bp said:
and as far as tonal clarity with jazz chords (e.g. E7#9 or Ediminished or E5add#11, etc.)

:confused: Have to ask my wife. She has Japanese classic music education.
I´m only into LA glam poser power cords :LOL: :LOL:

Can you send me a tab of the E5add#11 ?

Cheers,
Peter

rabies":1v97r7qx said:
Is the D-moll considered an Einstein 2 (i.e. improvement)?

No, I believe the Dmoll is geared more towards being a more compact cheaper version of Herbert and I've heard it's a smokin' hot little amp too.

Peter Diezel":xubtr59n said:
rabies":xubtr59n said:
and as far as tonal clarity with jazz chords (e.g. E7#9 or Ediminished or E5add#11, etc.)

:confused: Have to ask my wife. She has Japanese classic music education.
I´m only into LA glam poser power cords :LOL: :LOL:

Can you send me a tab of the E5add#11 ?

Cheers,
Peter

I just bought the guitar tab for Stone Temple Pilots Core album. The song Sin uses E5add#11 (#11 is the same a flat5) in the very beginning and thoughout the song so you have the dissonance of the A# against the B. badass sound. E7#9 has the similar dissonance of the G vs. the G# (which is the #9).

It's very simple to play in the open shape: finger an Eminor (which becomes an E5 basically because the G is out) plus an additional note (index finger on 5th [A] string 2nd fret, middle finger on 4th string [D] 2nd fret, ring finger on 3rd string [G] 3rd fret).

Another really badass jazz chord (even better with distortion) is Em7add#11. You can figure out the fingering for that one, but it's the same as above plus pinky finger on 2nd string 3rd fret.

If you can make an amp that does high gain with extreme clarity for these types of chords, you will become a guitar hero. If you already are not one...

A very good book on jazz chords is Creative Chord Substitution for Jazz Guitar by Ed Arkin. Excellent.

almost forgot to mention!

jammed at same studio today. same room. same Einstein. same cables, guitar, pedals and G major in parallel loop. different cab: gflex 212 ported. very very subpar experience compared to yesterday's with Mesa 412 cab. all the knobs were set very close to the same as yesterday. this amp is damn loud around 9 o'clock in ch2 (most knobs around noon). One main difference b/n the cabs is the mesa speakers are rated at 150 watts and the gflex are 75 watts. So more headroom in the former. Just sounded better overall with the Mesa half open back.

I may end up selling this one for a 50 watt version or pulling a pair of tubes. Is there a 50 watt head Einstein or only combo?

Peter, please consider adding a 50/100 watt switch like Mesa amps. Very useful.

btw, what are the modes (names) for ch1? clean [1], texas [2], mega [3]?

IIRC, the clean notes ringed snappier/popped better with the Mesa cab....

Also, as an added bonus, b/c the ch 2 has so much sustain (more like a violin) even w/o a boost, I actually started experimenting with tapping which I've basically never attempted seriously before. So the technique was altered due to the amp as well.

I noticed that I didn't really even need to use the Maxon OD808 but I do need it with the Rivera...

rabies: Congrats on the Einstein! I would say part of the note separation also depends on the pickups, maybe there are those last few % you seem to be missing...

kahawe":xdp65ipo said:
rabies: Congrats on the Einstein! I would say part of the note separation also depends on the pickups, maybe there are those last few % you seem to be missing...

very good point. Tosin Abasi seems to be using EMG's at least some of his 8 string guitars but seems like he uses many different pickups according to wikipedia. He is one of the pre-eminent jazz/metal guys out there. So if it works for him, it would be good enough for me. But my hands are not big enough for 8 string guitar!

I'm using stock pickups in the Elitist LP and Ibanez semi-hollow. The Elitist (Burst Bucker Pro's??) sound more compressed and "metally" than the Ibanez pickups.

I had a Dimarzio Super Distortion in an Ibanez Prestige that sounded badass.

Main problem I'm really having is that this amp is way too loud for my needs. I can't imagine mic'ing this amp past 9 o'clock on masters...

Maybe that's one reason guys are using AFX now b/c it supposedly sounds the same at any volume level. I recently bought one of those and it was way too complicated to setup/config/use...

Back