VH4 and Eventide H9

Tommykprs

Hi, I managed to put together an amazing Diezel VH4 and an Eventide H9.
Ok, a lot of modulations, algorithms and so on but you can only connet it either in front of the amp or in send-return. It seems to me though that something like the qwha should stay in front while a delay would sound better in the loop...you got the point?
So, if you have any experience, any suggestion on how the wiring should be done, you're welcome to share it.

So far I tried my new H9 in the parallel fx of my VH4 in the rehearsel room only and it worked great without any issues. For programming and getting used to it it is in my home studio right now - connected with my Rect-O-Verb 25 in the serial fx. Just two words: It works perfectly... :D
For my VH4 I will install the H9 in the serial fx controlled by my old TC G-System via MIDI - the effects of the G-System will be connected via parallel fx (just like now) to get a backup and/or a second effect delay or reverb when needed - the H9 is good enough to place it in the serial fx without effecting the tone seriously (and I am really touchy in this). I bet this constellation is simply great and allows me to work with the pure signal (which I prefer in the main part of our songs) and a bunch of effects when needed.

I agree with you joeck, I also found it great on series loop.
Since you experienced the coupling I would like to ask you how are you going to manage the algorithms like "wha" or similar having a loop-wiring.
Do u simply not use those, do you like them in loop-wiring version or do you manage some sort of switch to bring the signal back in front of the amp (if you understand what I mean)?
I personally do not like the H9 wha sound in the loop effect...:-(

With the H9 I use all effects in the loop so far and the sounds are good for me, but I do not use the QWah too much - for my needs (I just use for short funk patterns) it is absolutely ok. I use effects mainly for the 1st channel for different clean stuff and for some lead parts with the 4th channel. So I work mostly with different delay, chorus & reverb for the band's songs and with more extreme effects as addition for my homemade electronical funstuff. I found no advantage in putting the H9 in front of the amp - that goes even more for the VH4 with the switchable loop.

Well, ideally you would need two H9s. I guess that's why Eventide offers a cheaper version that has less standard algorithms. Some effects simply need to be in front of the amp, like the new EQ. It makes also sense to have a pitch shifter before the gain stages.
It is some extra money but it will give you two FX at the same time.

Back