Herbert Channel Two Treble Knob Problem -solved-

Jim86

Hey Everyone,

Been a while since my last post..... that's because I have been enjoying playing my amp
since I re-tubed it not too long ago.

Anyway, I have a "weird" problem that has recently cropped up.

Here it is :

After a while of playing the Herbert up loud, the treble seemed to fade out.........then it would fade back in. At this time I thought it was just me or a cable.

Well, just got done playing with all my amps....toggling between my Marshall JVM and YJM 100...in which I had put the Herbert on "mute" while I was playing my other heads.

So, I plug back into the Herbert and take the mute switch off and it was like someone through a blanket over the 4x12 cab........I was like WTF? It was working fine before I had muted it. So, I did my usual checks, cables good, connections good etc. I then went to the 3rd channel and was like wow......there is all the top end. So I toggled to channel 2, and it sounded muffled. Went to channel 1, sounded fine, back to channel 2..still muffled.

So quickly checking the controls, I discovered the "culprit" it seems that my treble knob on channel two wasn't working at all ! In fact, when you turn it up all the way, it seemed like it become slightly more muted. It was pretty much dead, yet all the controls worked fine.

Please help and advise..........thanks !

Jim

Sounds like the treble pot is busted. You could try getting it working with contact cleaner or replace the pot. Best you contact Peter directly I'd say.

Please take a picture from the inside of the amp
where the treble pot is located and send it to:

peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

You get support.

Cheers,
Peter

Peter, dumb question.........do you need me to take the chassis out so you can see the wiring?

Back