Herbert blown fuse

mincy

During the process of retubing my Herbert, I came across a blown 500ma on the outer tube pair. The tubes in that pair were 6550s (now KT77s). I've replaced the fuse and all the tubes, biased to 75mA per pair as per Peter's suggestion on another thread and I'm going to keep an eye on things. Just wondering if I should be concerned about the fuse or if this is reasonable and normal occurance. Keep in mind, this is a gigging amp, so it does get it's fair share of wear and tear, despite my best efforts to keep it safe.

Thanks!

mincy":358e21q1 said:
During the process of retubing my Herbert, I came across a blown 500ma on the outer tube pair. The tubes in that pair were 6550s (now KT77s). I've replaced the fuse and all the tubes, biased to 75mA per pair as per Peter's suggestion on another thread and I'm going to keep an eye on things. Just wondering if I should be concerned about the fuse or if this is reasonable and normal occurance. Keep in mind, this is a gigging amp, so it does get it's fair share of wear and tear, despite my best efforts to keep it safe.

Thanks!

The 6550's were probably no longer good and triggered the fuse to blow. That's what it's supposed to do :D Check the fuse in a few days if it's eating at you though.

-Alex

bananaladonpcp":3u30wedp said:
The 6550's were probably no longer good and triggered the fuse to blow. That's what it's supposed to do :D Check the fuse in a few days if it's eating at you though.

-Alex

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I figured it never hurts to ask. Thanks!

Back