what speakers do Diezels like?

rabies

Celestion V30? I have basically those in my GFlex (75 watts each) and it's ported but it sounded poor compared to the 412 mesa with ms-12's 150 watts each. The latter was a truly inspiring combo.

WDYT?

rabies":3v8lmz4l said:
Celestion V30? I have basically those in my GFlex (75 watts each) and it's ported but it sounded poor compared to the 412 mesa with ms-12's 150 watts each. The latter was a truly inspiring combo.

WDYT?

"Basically" is not anywhere close to the real deal IMO but tone is subjective. Diezel's like the celestion v30's and k100's. What Diezel head are you using?

-Alex

rabies":3867vuhr said:

WDYT?

"Basically" is not anywhere close to the real deal IMO but tone is subjective. Diezel's like the celestion v30's and k100's. What Diezel head are you using?

-Alex

Probably the Einstein in his sig...?

OP...Rid yourself of that cab.

Diezels sound better thru Marshall 1960B's than those.

To the original question...

12's. Diezels like 12's.

i'm not going to buy another cab, bought waaay too much stuff recently. i'll stick with what i got. just played thru single 12" of gflex at home and it was waaaay better than the V30 in my DSL40c. That sounds like it has a blanket over it compared to the diezel. same guitar, cable, fx unit, etc.

bananaladonpcp":20esopp0 said:
rabies":20esopp0 said:

WDYT?

Diezel's like the celestion v30's and k100's.

-Alex

:thumbsup:

My D-Moll loves my V30's. I've got an ENGL 2x12 and an Egnater 4x12 each with V30's and both cabs sound great with it.

Depends on the cab and the application.

V30s cut great live.
G12K100 track great recorded.

This is with Diezel cabs, not any other cab.

Just my 2 cents,
Uncle Mo

Does anybody know if Mesa made the metal grille 2x12 cabs? I'm looking for the MS-12 speakers (rated at 150 watts) as it sounds good in my 412 but it's too loud.

I have 2 Mills Acoustics Afterburner 4x12's.

1 of my cabs is loaded with 2 G12K100's and V30's in an x-pattern. This is a really nice balanced sound. The G12K's give it a nice balanced full, clear tone and the V30's help give it some grind. So in an x-pattern they compliment each other well. I did not like all V30 or all G12K exclusively. IMO, The G12K's on their own sounded to empty and all V30's weren't clear enough and broke up too soon.

The other 4x12 was just recently loaded with 2 EVM 12L 200 watt speakers and still has the other V30's also in an x-pattern. The only real difference here is the EVM's are more musical to me.
The VH4 seems to like the EVM's so i'm going to track down some more and see how a fully loaded EVM 4x12 cab sounds. On the other hand, MY '92 Soldano SLO prefers the the cab loaded with
G12k and V30 in an x-pattern. All subjective of course and just my preference.

Good luck.

Flavatrocious":39e2qsxz said:
1 of my cabs is loaded with 2 G12K100's and V30's in an x-pattern. This is a really nice balanced sound. The G12K's give it a nice balanced full, clear tone and the V30's help give it some grind. So in an x-pattern they compliment each other well. I did not like all V30 or all G12K exclusively. IMO, The G12K's on their own sounded to empty and all V30's weren't clear enough and broke up too soon.

I've read this many times in the Diezel forum.

Can you tell me a little about how you use your gear? Do you play out a lot, record, or play for yourself?

-Alex

So basically, I have the following amps; Soldano SLO KT66's, no mods, Mesa triple Rec Reborn JJ KT66's, Diezel VH4 Winged C 6550's and A Rivera Knuckle Head Tre JJ EL34.

I mostly play at home and occasionally go to mhenson42's house for a micro amp fest and beer!

All my guitars (Gibson Les Paul Standard/Traditional/Suhr Antique Classic) are tuned down, C standard and B standard etc. After being fortunate enough to play through most of the renowned Cabs out there, if you can name it, its been played through, except for a newer German made Diezel front loaded cab. I like a really heavy, percussive clear and tight sound. Sometimes boosted with a Suhr Koko Boost pedal. I guess i'm going for that Adam Jones, Chevelle, Staind kinda sound. Anyways, the Mills can and will stand up to anything u a can throw at it. They are probably too heavy for a regular gigging musician unless you got some cool band mates to help out. The only reason they sound so friggin awesome is that they are huge. To my ears, after doing a blind tone test with a Bogner rear loaded Uber cab V30 and a rear loaded Diezel cab V30-G12K100 x-pattern IIRC, even blind you can tell the Mills part. It basically "hung" in there against the 2 cabs vs the one. However, if you are playing out and are going to be miked up, I feel its a moot point or at least thats my experience. I was in a band a few years back and played a couple of local shows and i always used the other guitarists beat Marshall cab, V30's with my Mesa triple rec. Worked well and you're at the mercy of the sound man.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more if you want.

Flavatrocious":1ilx79j1 said:
So basically, I have the following amps; Soldano SLO KT66's, no mods, Mesa triple Rec Reborn JJ KT66's, Diezel VH4 Winged C 6550's and A Rivera Knuckle Head Tre JJ EL34.

I mostly play at home and occasionally go to mhenson42's house for a micro amp fest and beer!

All my guitars (Gibson Les Paul Standard/Traditional/Suhr Antique Classic) are tuned down, C standard and B standard etc. After being fortunate enough to play through most of the renowned Cabs out there, if you can name it, its been played through, except for a newer German made Diezel front loaded cab. I like a really heavy, percussive clear and tight sound. Sometimes boosted with a Suhr Koko Boost pedal. I guess i'm going for that Adam Jones, Chevelle, Staind kinda sound. Anyways, the Mills can and will stand up to anything u a can throw at it. They are probably too heavy for a regular gigging musician unless you got some cool band mates to help out. The only reason they sound so friggin awesome is that they are huge. To my ears, after doing a blind tone test with a Bogner rear loaded Uber cab V30 and a rear loaded Diezel cab V30-G12K100 x-pattern IIRC, even blind you can tell the Mills part. It basically "hung" in there against the 2 cabs vs the one. However, if you are playing out and are going to be miked up, I feel its a moot point or at least thats my experience. I was in a band a few years back and played a couple of local shows and i always used the other guitarists beat Marshall cab, V30's with my Mesa triple rec. Worked well and you're at the mercy of the sound man.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask more if you want.

Thank you! You answered my follow up questions that I was going to ask too lol

-Alex

Back