checking bias on Einstein

rabies

http://web.archive.org/web/20080403211724/diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/tech-corner.3.0.html

got this from eurotubes.

why do you have to remove the fuse and how do you know which fuse to remove (e.g. there are 2 fuses on the back of the amp with LED's)?

Also, there are 2 black things in front of the red holes in the chassis (looking from the back with back plate off). Are you supposed to use a screw driver to adjust the bias for each pair of power tubes from those?

ok so did it the right way this time (removed one fuse at a time per recording).

one pair of tubes registered at 55ma. the other 67ma. so at least they're not way too hot. better?

oh, i still don't understand how to change the bias using a small flathead screwdriver. is that what those rubber thingy's are for in front of the red ones?

:confused:

The rubber plugs are there to guide your screwdriver to the bias adjustment screw, and I presume to prevent your screwdriver going anywhere near anything you wouldn't want to connect with!

Just gently lower a small ( I use 3mm) flathead screwdriver in there and gently turn it to engage the adjustment pot. You'll feel it drop into place.

Once its in gently turn it, a little adjustment can do a lot. You'll see that on your multimeter. Remember to have the masters at zero.

Beautiful thing about Einstein is you can check and re-bias in minutes thereby getting the best out your power tubes throughout their lifespan.

Well thats one good thing about the amp, the sound it makes is possibly the best thing! Had mine 3 1/2 years now and its still amazing me at every gig!!

:rock:

badgergman":2zj78827 said:
The rubber plugs are there to guide your screwdriver to the bias adjustment screw, and I presume to prevent your screwdriver going anywhere near anything you wouldn't want to connect with!

Just gently lower a small ( I use 3mm) flathead screwdriver in there and gently turn it to engage the adjustment pot. You'll feel it drop into place.

Once its in gently turn it, a little adjustment can do a lot. You'll see that on your multimeter. Remember to have the masters at zero.

Beautiful thing about Einstein is you can check and re-bias in minutes thereby getting the best out your power tubes throughout their lifespan.

Well thats one good thing about the amp, the sound it makes is possibly the best thing! Had mine 3 1/2 years now and its still amazing me at every gig!!

:rock:

ok that's what i thought but maybe the screwdriver wasn't long enough...

Back