VH4 at volume

Shiny_Surface

Being mostly a basement dweller I relished the opportunity today to open up the VH4 at volume with a drummer friend with some interesting findings.

My drummer was really impressed with channel 2, and so did I with the gain up around 3:00. It really comes alive cracked open a bit.

The clean was fantastic as well, very punchy/bold with plenty of cut.

I had the deep control zeroed out. The amp simply didn't need it for what we were doing (standard tuning rock stuff)...

Only had a tuner pedal and then straight into the amp, felt kind of naked without any of my boosts. \:D/

This is my mobile setup, a Mesa Roadking 2x12 cab (V30/MC90) with a modified fully sealed back...

Will get a Diezel cab someday of course. :thumbsup:

20140816_155724_zps15ad469c.jpg

I've been using the VH4 with my band lately and live on channel 2. Get the volume going and great hard rock tones/some nice JCM 800 crunch . BB Preamp with mid boost for some solos. BB with channels 3/4, keep the gain down on the amp been working to

Was wondering what channels people are using out there on VH4 land for live gigs

Channel 2 just sounds money cracked open. :thumbsup:

Of course channel 3's legacy needs no introduction. I was starting to tweak some good stuff out of channel 4 right before we ran out of time. \:D/

I had a killer clean tone on channel 1 as soon as I fired it up.

Looking back I should have brought one of my boosts for experimentation. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Back