Tech 21 Midi Moose w/ Herbert?

fretmaster

Hello, Looking for a good quality midi controller for my Herbert. Are any of you guys out there using the Tech 21 Midi Moose controller with your Herbert? Is it easy fully compatible and easy to program? Thanks!

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":ek0eychp said:
I used it, it went out on me after about 12 shows though. The switches gather dirt very easily.

Good to know. Did you go to a different controller? If so, what are you using now? Thanks, Steve

zewango":1e61zw2h said:
Rocktron Midi Mate was plug and go with the VH4 very easy.

Cool. Thanks! The plastic buttons concern me a little on that one. Do you feel like it is pretty road worthy?

~Abstract~":1yr4l10j said:
I like my Peak2005

Crap! None of the good stuff is in the USA. How easy was the Tech 21 Midi Moose to program with the Herbert? Was it pretty much plug and play type of ease? Thanks again!

I have a Herbert and used to have the Midi Moose. I got rid of it as I wanted something smaller to use as a channel switcher. I just picked this up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RF3...609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46263fedf1

Just plug in the midi cable and go!

Question is what are you trying to get out of the midi capability? If you want to use just as a channel switcher I'd recommend the RF3, if I wanted a little more functionality in a really small footprint then the Midi Mouse would be the way to go. If you are OK with the larger Midi Moose footprint, and your Herbert is a Mk 2, then I'd be all over the Diezel FS7HE footswitch. If size is no object and you have other midi devices in your rig then a Voodoo Labs Ground Control is nice. :thumbsup:

Docster":1lsm7km1 said:
I have a Herbert and used to have the Midi Moose. I got rid of it as I wanted something smaller to use as a channel switcher. I just picked this up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RF3...609?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46263fedf1

Just plug in the midi cable and go!

Question is what are you trying to get out of the midi capability? If you want to use just as a channel switcher I'd recommend the RF3, if I wanted a little more functionality in a really small footprint then the Midi Mouse would be the way to go. If you are OK with the larger Midi Moose footprint, and your Herbert is a Mk 2, then I'd be all over the Diezel FS7HE footswitch. If size is no object and you have other midi devices in your rig then a Voodoo Labs Ground Control is nice. :thumbsup:

Lots of great information here, thanks!! Mine is a Mk-I. And I don't really need anything fancy. I'd just like to set up several combinations of channel configurations and be able to access each of them with the one tap of a button. Like maybe; Button #1; Ch-1, Button #2; channel -2, Button #3; channel -3, Button #4; channel -2 w/ mid-shift, Button #5; channel - 3 w/ mid-shift and maybe one button for toggling globally between the master 1 & 2. I love the FS7HE from what I've read, but I've never seen on in the states.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":1l86hesx said:
The midi moose is very plug and play, I have a ground control pro now

Awesome. Why did you move to the GC, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

fretmaster":p8tnk2iv said:
~Abstract~":p8tnk2iv said:
Peak is about 180 shipped.

Well worth it.

In the States?? Cool. How easy is it to set up?

Yeah...it's $150 and $30-40 shipping...

Ummm...there's no "set up". You just run a 7pin midi cable between that and the amp and go.

Select the button you want...select the amp channel you want...hit store twice...

that channel is set to that button.

set up.

Back