I'm officially a Diezel nut......(pics)

RJF

I'm officially 100% Diezel and loving it. I used to always think it was better to mix two heads that are vastly different, but when I got my VH4 I realized that Diezel is the sound that is in my head. I ran a Bogner TJ and my Herbert for a couple years and loved that, but the VH4/Herbert combo is the best I've had yet.

There is one flaw though..... I want to try a Hagen BADLY now. :LOL: :LOL:

VC4Ever":1s5n7f1h said:
hey what cab configurations you got? Which one do you like best with the VH4?

Two of the newer German made front load 412's. One has all V30's, one has v30/K100 X pattern. I think I like all V30's best.

RJF":myuo1hou said:
VC4Ever":myuo1hou said:

Two of the newer German made front load 412's. One has all V30's, one has v30/K100 X pattern. I think I like all V30's best.

I think Diezels really need that upper mid spike from the V30's. The K100's sound too neutral and stiff, IMO.
I LOVE my German Diezel cab.

esizer":2rdhjsky said:
RJF":2rdhjsky said:
VC4Ever":2rdhjsky said:

I think Diezels really need that upper mid spike from the V30's. The K100's sound too neutral and stiff, IMO.
I LOVE my German Diezel cab.
I agree. My first cab had all K100's and with my Herbert, it was to "clean and polished" sounding. I liked that the V30's added some grit and presence to the sound.

gaskocher":1ior7h8y said:
So which do you like more: Herbert or VH4? Or are you still in the honeymoon phase and can't judge? ;-)

Herbert hands down. For modern metal, Herbert walks all over the VH4 in my opinion. That low end is tuned SO WELL for down tuned tight guitars, IMHO. Not to mention how awesome the mid cut option is. I also prefer Herbert's switchable loop, which is serial. The VH4 has a parallel switchable loop.

psbhachu":1zsty804 said:
Just wait until you run the Herbert with a Hagen!!! Your VH4 will become a backup amp! GUARANTEED!!!
Looks like I'm going to get that chance. :yes:

Back