Voodoo labs ground control or RJM mastermind

ballz

Which midi controller is better? I have a d-moll and I want to be able to change channels on the amp but also control some of pedal at the same time. I know I will need a loop controller too but I only need about 4 or 5 loops. Can either one control functions on a strymon timeline?

ballz":1cyll8f5 said:
Which midi controller is better? I have a d-moll and I want to be able to change channels on the amp but also control some of pedal at the same time. I know I will need a loop controller too but I only need about 4 or 5 loops. Can either one control functions on a strymon timeline?

A Voodoo labs ground control pro (GCP) will control your D-Moll for you and since your strymon has a midi in that too if you want. I *think* the GCP will do up to 8 midi devices all on their own channel at any one time.

If you need a looper you can add a GCX and this will give you 8 loops per GCX (you can have up to 4). The GCX will also phantom power the GCP too, which is neat ;-)

Only draw back is the need for a rack, and midi controllers like the GCP and the mastermind are large, however if you don't mind that they are great :D

I've got two GCP's and they are totally bullet proof - not used the RJM stuff but it gets a great rep too.

A GCP is plug and play for any Diezel for PC changes. I like the Voodoo better over the RJM stuff because of the alpha-numeric LED window. You do no need a GCX. Use the midi out from the amp to the Strymon.

Back