Vintage "30" for my D-moll

ke2

I traded a pair of 8ohm MC-90s for a pair of 16 ohm Celestion made for Marshall G12 "Vintage" speakers. There are supposedly the original Vintage 30s, developed for Marshall in the mid-80s.

I don't have any current production V30s to compare with, but damn my D-moll got its sizzle back. With the Black Shadows, while they sound good, and can take a pounding, I always felt that I wanted the presence to go to 16. Now it's cutting and clear :)

Those are good speakers. I had a marshall 1960 vintage with them and that cab sounded surprisingly good.

Diezels do love V30's. I think it's because the diezel sound is so smooth and polished that a gritty speaker like the v30 just works and works well.

They're UK made, actually. I would've thought they were MIC:)

I agree with the Diezel being so refined sounding that they actually like a brash and bold speaker.
Mine sit in a custom TT-cabs 2x12 built in Germany. And now they're both 8 ohms... :rawk:

10676349_10152686052822457_2370493018998128958_n.jpg

Stoopid417":169e8ss3 said:
The D-Moll is a great amp. Here's my current setup...

photo1_zpsc2e3b500.jpg

The pedal board is pretty gnarly aswell. Mobius, Timeline, Big Sky, 4-Knob, ISP, Maxon, wah.

How do you run the loop switcher. Is it also a MIDI switcher?

You got any demos of your rig?

JimmyBlind":1fb7k9da said:
Stoopid417":1fb7k9da said:
The D-Moll is a great amp. Here's my current setup...

The pedal board is pretty gnarly aswell. Mobius, Timeline, Big Sky, 4-Knob, ISP, Maxon, wah.

How do you run the loop switcher. Is it also a MIDI switcher?

You got any demos of your rig?

Thanks man. The loop switcher i'm using is a One Control OC-10 "Crocodile Tail Loop". It's a great MIDI switcher and has alot of features/options. It controls all the MIDI functions of the D-Moll as well as preset changes on the Mobius, Timeline, and Big Sky. No demos of the rig yet, hopefully soon.

How do you run your strymon pedals? In front? serial, parallel loops?

Are the preset changes on the Strymon devices Midi switched aswell? ie, do you have midi-thru all 3 strymon pedals & into the amp?

JimmyBlind":1i3ucdjl said:
How do you run your strymon pedals? In front? serial, parallel loops?

Are the preset changes on the Strymon devices Midi switched aswell? ie, do you have midi-thru all 3 strymon pedals & into the amp?

I run the Mobius in front and the Timeline and Big Sky in the Serial FX Loop. Signal chain is: OC-10 Looper MIDI OUT to MIDI IN of the D-Moll, MIDI OUT of D-Moll to MIDI IN of the Mobius, Mobius MIDI OUT to MIDI IN of Timeline, MIDI OUT of Timeline to MIDI IN of Big Sky. All MIDI Switching is controlled by the OC-10 Looper.

Back