vh4 vs. vh4s

trypple amp

I had a vh4 about ten years ago and ended up selling it.Well I just bought another one a couple weeks ago and it sounds AMAzing!Iknew there had to be some improvements becuase I don't remember it sounding this good,thank you Peter !I am about to buy another.But now I am not sure if I should get the vh4S instead.I have read threads about it here.I have effects and spaeker cabs for it.Pro and cons?How do you use mono effects with it?I have read it has less headroom but isn't' it still close being it is still 100watts total?All respones will be greatly appreiciated.Thanks

You can use mono effects in the channel inserts or just on one side (for a wet/dry set up) in the global series or parallel loops.

That makes sense.Thanks.I just wanted as much info on the vh4S before I buy.I'm just gonna go for it.I was concerned about it being only 50watts per side.on my roadster and quick rod I prefer 100 watts over 50.I have a felling the "S" will still sound amazing.The Vh4 is hands down the greatest amp ever made.So the S will have to kick ass. :rock:

I have my VH4S and matching cab listed in the classifieds...

Compared for a VH4, it is a little different with the 50w per side. That being said, it's pretty awesome. If possible I would keep it.

I have numerous tastes in tone and in building "my" tone I combined a lot of my favorite guitar players tones. I wound up buying the VH4S because I wanted to capture the things I like from Adam Jones tone but also run it with stereo effects. I would say it fit the bill perfectly and when ran in combination with my Soldano and Bogner added a tighter type of gain to the mix that was awesome.

Once caveat, obviously, you need a stereo cab or two different cabs...

I already ordered one yesterday from make'n music.Your set-up sounded amazing.What are you changing it up for?
I will be playing the "S" through two 2x12 horizontal road king cabs.

Not gigging and just cant justify running a rig that big to my wife... Not being forced to sell by any means but figure I might try to convert one of my amps into another prized guitar. Only keeping one amp. I am truly torn between the 4S and my XTC classic, I've given the nod to the classic because it gives 6 tone options at the click of a button...

I love my 2011 VH4S. I tried VH4 at the music shop and I don't think there is too much of a difference. I don't think there are any cons to it. I use it with stereo effects but you can also have separate effects on channel inserts. And the craziest thing: you can run 4 cabs with it if you want to hihiihihihi \m/ I currently use one 2x12 with V30s and one 2x12 with K100s, turn the volume up and it's the best thing you'll ever hear while it shatters the walls !!!

Back