VH4 Master Volume

ProgFree

I am wondering how the VH4 owners in here usually have their master volumes for stage/rehearsal/recording etc.
It sounds great at low volumes also but I've noticed that at higher master volumes especially ch 1 and 2 really shine, but the other guys start whining about too much volume.
Is it worth to get an attenuator for the VH4?
Please share your thoughts good folk.

Well, if you turn it up just a liiiittle bit more, it should stop you from hearing the whining! :D :yes: :rock:

I've never pushed the master above 11. I think I cranked it to about 2pm at a practice once for a laugh and was immediately told to turn it down. I'm yet to hear any of my Diezels dimed.
I tend to run my channel volumes at around 11 aswell.

The power section gives the VH4 a lot of depth and response. It's a real shame that I don't get the opportunity to properly crank my VH4 nowadays. Like never taking a Ferrari out of 2nd gear.

Don't waste your time and money on an attenuator. I had one and used it from time to time with VH4 for few years. Your VH4's master volume does its job perfectly. I also recommend you to try the different settings of having master volume down and channel volume up and vice versa.

I think some people forget too, that part of that sound is the speakers moving some air in the cab. A cranked VH4 into an attenuator into a cab at low volume is not going to sound the same.

Back