Diezel cab question PICS USA Or GERMAN MADE

jd267

I just bought a used rear loaded diezel 4x12 with v30's . I was also told its German made .The guy said some of them are made in USA. Is that true? I emailed diezel with serial number but have not got a reply yet. So which on it it ? Lol. Take a look at the pics guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,937
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,931
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,924
jd267":33xxmluk said:
I just bought a used rear loaded diezel 4x12 with v30's . I was also told its German made from the serial number. The guy said some of them are made in USA. Is that true? Also said its the same cab as the UBBER cab as is made in the same plant. Is this also true?

Still waiting to compare it to my Mesa oversized cab

Basically yes. There are lots of USA cabs out there, infact nearly everyone on the used market in the U.S. is. Is the nut on the input jack red?

RJF":zxvbzpml said:
jd267":zxvbzpml said:
I just bought a used rear loaded diezel 4x12 with v30's . I was also told its German made from the serial number. The guy said some of them are made in USA. Is that true? Also said its the same cab as the UBBER cab as is made in the same plant. Is this also true?

Basically yes. There are lots of USA cabs out there, infact nearly everyone on the used market in the U.S. is. Is the nut on the input jack red?

Yes I texted brad king a few pics and he said its a German one

jd267":2j0ebsoj said:
RJF":2j0ebsoj said:
jd267":2j0ebsoj said:

If it has a red nut, it's a USA cab.
I say 19/20 of these posts, it's always a US cab. The German cabs are just not in circulation. If yours is actually one of the new German cabs, then great. They don't come up for sale often.

RJF":2l88t1ug said:
jd267":2l88t1ug said:
RJF":2l88t1ug said:
jd267":2l88t1ug said:

If it has a red nut, it's a USA cab.
I say 19/20 of these posts, it's always a US cab. The German cabs are just not in circulation. If yours is actually one of the new German cabs, then great. They don't come up for sale often.

Wonder why brad said its for sure a German cab?

I'm basically sure, from the info I've read, that you have a USA cab. Sorry.

Take note of the silver piping on my german made cab.

RJF":1qm5qdpe said:

Why sorry are the USA ones junk or something? It's not like the USA models are bootleg or anything . I was told its a German cab from a dealer. I also sent the serial number to diezel, I'll see what they have to say

The piping looks like it was removed from the pic. I'll have the cab in a few days

Where is this info you read? Let me know I would love to read up . It's from GC so if it don't sound good I can return it.

jd267":2icrimyk said:
RJF":2icrimyk said:

Why sorry are the USA ones junk or something? It's not like the USA models are bootleg or anything . I was told its a German cab from a dealer. I also sent the serial number to diezel, I'll see what they have to say

The piping looks like it was removed from the pic. I'll have the cab in a few days

First off nobody from GC knows jack shit, ESPECIALLY boutique stuff like Diezel.

1. You're serial number doesn't read like a German cab. Mine is 6 digits, not 7 like yours. A German did not write that serial anyway, because they write their "1" to where it looks almost like a 7.

2. You have no piping. German cabs have piping, USA cabs usually do not.

3. You have a red nut on the jack, German cabs use two higher quality metal jacks/nuts.

4. You bought it from GC and they said it's a German cab, so clearly it must be a USA cab. (refer to statement above).

5. German cabs are just not in circulation. I went over this already. They started out at $1800 here in the US when they hit the market in like '08. They are still $1300+, more than the average "high end" player/collector is willing to spend. Lastly, most people that have them, keep them. They are awesome.

You're new USA cab is not junk, it's on par with Bogner and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. They were made by a cab builder in New York, IIRC. They are good sounding cabs, the new one's are just a little better, thats all.

RJF":djj5tao1 said:
jd267":djj5tao1 said:
RJF":djj5tao1 said:

First off nobody from GC knows jack shit, ESPECIALLY boutique stuff like Diezel.

1. You're serial number doesn't read like a German cab. Mine is 6 digits, not 7 like yours. A German did not write that serial anyway, because they write their "1" to where it looks almost like a 7.

3. You have a red nut on the jack, German cabs use two higher quality metal jacks/nuts.

4. You bought it from GC and they said it's a German cab, so clearly it must be a USA cab. (refer to statement above).

5. German cabs are just not in circulation. I went over this already. They started out at $1800 here in the US when they hit the market in like '08. They are still $1300+, more than the average "high end" player/collector is willing to spend. Lastly, most people that have them, keep them. They are awesome.

You're new USA cab is not junk, it's on par with Bogner and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. They were made by a cab builder in New York, IIRC. They are good sounding cabs, the new one's are just a little better, thats all.

I did not buy it new from GC was used also there is no where I said GC said it was a German cab brad king did when I sent him a pic. Any way thanks for your time. Do you guys no anywhere I can see what the serial number is all about? Emailed diezel three times and no reply which blows

jd267":271nlkat said:
RJF":271nlkat said:
jd267":271nlkat said:
RJF":271nlkat said:

I did not buy it new from GC was used also there is no where I said GC said it was a German cab brad king did when I sent him a pic. Any way thanks for your time. Do you guys no anywhere I can see what the serial number is all about? Emailed diezel three times and no reply which blows

I know you bought it used, it's an old cab. :doh:

It's a good cab, really. Especially if you got a good deal on it. I'd pay up to $700 for a FL USA cab in great shape, and $600 on a RL version.

Google search diezel cab german vs. usa made with results for rig talk. I know we've had tons of threads about it here.

Yea been looking a lot of guys can't here a difference between the two. I was told that a few times also. I'm cool with it .

Input plate on a German build is totally different in appearance and number of screws.
USA 4 screws,German has six.
The silver piping is not a giveaway to what it is though.
I have two USA cabs WITH silver piping.
And one German made cab with silver piping.

Also Peter S has told me German cabs have black powdered coated back panel screws.....USA's are silver/chrome.

Be sure to check the Ohm of the cab as well. These are 8ohm mono....16 ohm per-side STEREO.

jd267":1d0ysdmb said:
RJF":1d0ysdmb said:
jd267":1d0ysdmb said:
RJF":1d0ysdmb said:

You send 3 emails to us and a you got 3 answer including this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=160674

Peter Diezel":106zd4so said:
jd267":106zd4so said:
RJF":106zd4so said:
jd267":106zd4so said:
RJF":106zd4so said:

Am I in good condition ? I think so lol.

Peter I just picked up a diezel Herbert mk1. Is it true that the amp can run say two el34's two 6l6 and two kt88.? Do they all have to be biased at the same MV? Really excited to get it and going to retube it .

About the cab I'm sorry was just really confused about this USA and Germany crap about the cabs. GC said they will refund me some money as they thought it was a German cab as they are all made there now. I'm new to diezel products and was just trying to get some facts . Guess that serial number I posted is just nonsense

Peter I just picked up a diezel Herbert mk1. Is it true that the amp can run say two el34's two 6l6 and two kt88.? Do they all have to be biased at the same MV? Really excited to get it and going to retube it .

About the cab I'm sorry was just really confused about this USA and Germany crap about the cabs. GC said they will refund me some money as they thought it was a German cab as they are all made there now. I'm new to diezel products and was just trying to get some facts . Guess that serial number I posted is just nonsense[/quote]

You can run any PAIR of tubes you want. They are biased in pairs.(1&6 2&5,3&4)
Papa will frown on KT88's as he says they run too hot.
Do a forum search for this section to give you more insight.
They now ship with JJ KT77's
I run mine with 4 Wing C 6L6's and 2 Wing C EL34's

jd267":2w2ykvys said:
Peter Diezel":2w2ykvys said:
RJF":2w2ykvys said:
RJF":2w2ykvys said:

Am I in good condition ? I think so lol.

About the cab I'm sorry was just really confused about this USA and Germany crap about the cabs. GC said they will refund me some money as they thought it was a German cab as they are all made there now. I'm new to diezel products and was just trying to get some facts . Guess that serial number I posted is just nonsense

Good condition was bad English, I deleted it.

I don´t recommend the KT88. They cause too much heat with
the right bias setting.

Black Sabbath":1ib42o1w said:
RJF":1ib42o1w said:
Hey RJF, just a quick note.

It's called "border trim" not "piping".

Just saying.
No prob, thanks. I will remember that next time we are talking about the piping on these cabs.

jd267":6313xxa5 said:
[

Just order 6 new KT77's. I ran KT88's for a long time, at a cold bias setting. I think the 77's at the correct 70mv P/pair sounds better. KT77's are the way to go.

Just keep the cab, it's fine. As long as you didn't pay too much of course.

Back