German made cabinet owners

Dragon

Do you feel any difficulty to push German made cabinet around ?
:doh:
My Bogner, Marshall and Mesa cabinets are much easier to be moving around.

The casters look well build but man,the cab never rolls straight. I always fight it
just to move it a few feet.

I took 2 Diezel 2x12 instead of the mighty 4x12.
2x12 is easy enough for me so far to move without the wheels. But I'm getting old so I might consider putting back the wheels.

yea ... I feel very depressed when wheel my German 4x12 cabinet around as I love Diezel cab so much.
I observed Bogner and Diezel using same type of quick release caster plate,
and I believe even their 2" caster are made by same factory in Taiwan.

I wonder German cabinet owner successfully swapped the 2" casters out with 4" casters ?

You would have to buy the complete setup(new plates and wheels)
I have bought the mesa Trac Loc casters and put them on a different cabs.
They work great. Been awhile but don't believe they are cheap,and they look like they went with a one piece molded plastic wheel instead of the real nice ones (built like a car rim/tire)

Also the Marshall style with the plastic plate that the casters screw into have never given me issues
but you'd need to drill out 4 screw hole PLUS the center hole the wheel threads go into.

Peter Diezel":zor83tqj said:
Dragon":zor83tqj said:
Do you feel any difficulty to push German made cabinet around ?
:doh:
My Bogner, Marshall and Mesa cabinets are much easier to be moving around.

Oil ?

Yea Peter, I had put some lubricant on the casters axle but unfortunately that didn't help.
I bought my German made cabinet brand new from local dealer,
so I thought I have bad casters. :cry:

I bought a cab directly from Diezel earlier this year. Exactly the same problem. Pushing the cab or fine tuning its position is not working too well.

Back