Diezel Hagen & G-LAB GSC 4

Guitar_P

Hi, I have bought a G-Lab GSC 4 to control my Diezel Hagen as well as my Strymon pedals (Mobius, Timeline, Big Sky).
Strymons work as programmed, however my Hagen does not understand the midi signal and responds to the same switch in a totally unpredictable manner (various channels, with or without loop).
Could someone please advice, how to program the G-Lab and the Hagen?
Many thanks in advance!

Hello!

So I can try ;-)

First, I presume, your configuration is like following:
- Hagen: Midi CH 1
- Mobius: Midi CH 2
- Timeline: Midi CH 3
- Big Sky: Midi CH 4

Now, you shall program your presets in Glab, so that every preset send Program Change (PC) to Hagen.
Here you can use different approaches:

1. You use the same Hagen sounds in different Glab banks e.g. you have 5 ground sounds such: clean (CH1, fx on, master 1), crunch (CH2, fx on, master 1), rhythm (CH3, fx off, master 1), wet rhythm (CH3, fx on, master 1), solo (CH4, fx on, master 2). Then you will program the PCs in the banks with the same numbers. This way when you change setting for your eg Clean sound, it will be changed in all banks without further programming. eg
Bank 1 (PCs:) 1 2 3 4 5 2 2 3 4 5
Bank 2 (PCs:) 2 2 3 3 5 1 1 3 4 5
2. You set the PCs in order from 1 to 120 (in 10 Glab banks). This way you must program every single preset in Hagen too:
Bank 1 (PCs:) 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
Bank 2 (PCs:) 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

When you set this, push the preset switch on Glab that you want to program, go to Hagen, push "Store", Hagen blinks, then push "Store" again, now the PC that you set in Glab for this preset will be stored by Hagen.

If it does not work as expected try:
- check if the MIDI Channel of Hagen is the same as you think (it is good explained how to set it in the Hagen manual)
- First push "Store" on Hagen, than push preset on Glab, than push "Store" on Hagen again
- try to connect the Hagen directly to Glab (not via Midi Thru from Strymon). If this works (better) than you shall use Midi Thru Box (one in, 4 outs) but be careful you need powered Thru Box here (eg from Glab). The pretty common "Midi Solutions" boxes does not work because Glab do not send power per Midi (here I am not 100% sure for GSC-4, until GSC-3 it was so).

Thanks for your help and all your efforts. Unfortunately it seems that I do not get my Diezel out of omni mode. If I program different single channel modes according to the Diezel Manual (Mute plus different channel on/off combinations), the amp still responds to the strymon channels.
Any idea, what I am doing wrong? Thanks again.

Guitar_P":dfgpek1d said:
Thanks for your help and all your efforts. Unfortunately it seems that I do not get my Diezel out of omni mode. If I program different single channel modes according to the Diezel Manual (Mute plus different channel on/off combinations), the amp still responds to the strymon channels.
Any idea, what I am doing wrong? Thanks again.

peterdiezel (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Many thanks to Peter Diezel and his team. All my issues are resolved now. It seemed to be the MIDI chip or my incompetence to get the Hagen out of omni-mode. Nevertheless everything works perfect now. I can program all Hagen functions to my GSC 4.
In addition the Diezel team tweaked my Amp settings a little. Now the Hagen sounds absolutely terrific!

Many thanks to all, who gave support, especially to Peter Diezel and his team.
I can only recommend to buy a Diezel! Great amp, great service!

Back