MIDI Diezel Hagen + Colombus + Eventide Space

Hellmaster92

Hey guys, :)

First, I've just bought a Diezel Hagen + a Diezel Colombus. The amp is really, really awesome.
But I have to say that I fail to understand how to assign MIDI between Hagen and Colombus.
I want to have one or two songs by preset. But I cannot assign, for example, the Hagen's channel 2 on the Colombus preset 3, switch 2. (32)
Can you explain me how to do it ?

Second, I would like to control my Eventide Space with my Colombus. What kind of connection I'll have to do ?
Colombus into Hagen with XLR, and then Hagen into Eventide with Midi thru ?
Or Colombus into Hagen with XLR, and Colombus into Eventide with midi out/thru ?

I also wonder if the Hagen's Midi Thru could power my Eventide Space, and if it will damage it...

I wish to thank you in advance for helping me, I never used MIDI connections before ! :D

I'd personally run the columbus into the Hagen via midi & midi-out from the Hagen & into the Eventide midi-in. I didn't even realise there was a specific XLR input for the columbus on the hagen if i'm honest.

As for controlling the amp functions, you should only need to press the bank/patch on the columbus, set the amp channel/inserts/FX loop etc on the amp & hit 'store'. That's it. The pedal needs to trigger a midi change on the amp, then you set your amp up the way you want it to be configured on that channel. Then hit store.
I'm not sure how the columbus changes channels via XLR & whether this changes midi programs on the amp simultaneously. Maybe someone else can explain there. My VH4 is midi only.

With a midi setup, you'll need to check the Eventide user manual as to how you assign patches to midi program changes, but you're probably best off seeing what happens on the ES when you press bank 1 button 1 on the columbus. It'll probably select a patch that you'll want to then edit & store. etc.

Put your Hagen in Omni mode.

Run from the Columbus via midi into the Hagen, then midi out from Hagen to the Eventide.

I did it this way with a Ground Control Pro, Herbert, and Gmajor2.

Back