Getting a Hagen

1meanplexi":2ml5941c said:
Sounds amazing!!!! All of your clips always do. Two things that have happened since watching your clips.

1. Bought a flux Drive
2. Loaded one of my LP's with the BNK aftermaths.

All great purchases :rock: !

thanks man for the kind words - this clip is with the Flux pushing channel 3 :rock:
I love the Aftermath in Alder guitars - I've not heard them in a Mahogany guitar (much less a LP) yet - would imagine it's awesome

UberschallEL34":1x1rjydh said:
1meanplexi":1x1rjydh said:
Sounds amazing!!!! All of your clips always do. Two things that have happened since watching your clips.

1. Bought a flux Drive
2. Loaded one of my LP's with the BNK aftermaths.

All great purchases :rock: !

thanks man for the kind words - this clip is with the Flux pushing channel 3 :rock:
I love the Aftermath in Alder guitars - I've not heard them in a Mahogany guitar (much less a LP) yet - would imagine it's awesome

I had my LP made and reversed the traditional thinking of an LP. Maple body with a mahogany top. I did a clip of that guitar through my PT100 that I will posting soon.

UberschallEL34":37jgy0lg said:
interesting - I had an ESP Lynch Tiger that was maple, a heavy guitar but was pretty cook sounding

It took a little bit to get use to the weight difference but overall, I am very happy with it. I just posted the clip on the general forum.

Thanks man - I listened to it at my work where I have a sub under my desk & I though there was a faultline under our building :LOL: :LOL:

The Hagen pushes air really nicely; sounds HUGE. This clip was at pretty tame levels too, although after I played for a bit my ears were ringing :yes:

UberschallEL34":w23m3fpl said:
Thanks man - I listened to it at my work where I have a sub under my desk & I though there was a faultline under our building :LOL: :LOL:

The Hagen pushes air really nicely; sounds HUGE. This clip was at pretty tame levels too, although after I played for a bit my ears were ringing :yes:

you had given me crave on Diezel hagen !

but what is that you didnt like which gave VH4 a step back in your list ?

hopkinWFG":1v284pmi said:
UberschallEL34":1v284pmi said:

you had given me crave on Diezel hagen !

but what is that you didnt like which gave VH4 a step back in your list ?

Tubes. :LOL: :LOL:

Nope - after hearing the Hagen I don't think tubes were the thing on the VH4, it just didn't have the low end of the DMoll or the Herbert. But I really appreciate your persistence driving your point home about the bad tube inference. Congratulations

You get some pretty mean tones out of your hagen & your fokker. The tones I get with my VH4 are much dryer in comparison. Just wonder whether the classic T, pickups & drop tuning are responsible for that distinctive wet & full body sound. Sounds good. :thumbsup:

I always thought the Hagen would be my next choice after the VH4.

The Hagen has more low end than the VH4 I had (a 2013 model). But at the time i had a DMoll, which has huge lows and by comparison the VH4 was not in the same league - which I had heard all the hype on the VH4 and was a little disappointed. The VH4 was drier sounding to my ears then either the Herbert, DMoll and certainly the Hagen.

The BKP Aftermath in my Suhr T are definitely helping as I wasn't too impressed with the stock pickups when playing into the Diezel amps I owned. They were almost too fuzzy, the Aftermath have a nice clarity.

hopkinWFG":1zbnvirv said:
so is Hagen more natural sounding than VH4 ? tighter ?with huge low end like Dmoll huh?
The Hagen sounds a lot like the VH4, but it's not as stiff as a VH4 actually. It has slightly more bass to it than a VH4, similar to a Herbert.

I'd agree with this somewhat - to me the DMoll, Herbert & Hagen have more low end thump
they're all in the same family but each with their own personalities.

Back