NAD - Diezel Hagen joins my rig

djerry

Hey guys,
I had the luck, to get my hands on a used Hagen. Got it yesterday and took some time today, to reamp the DI-pack vom Mago/Lasse Lammert through Hagen and VH4, to create a little video, comparing the two amps riff by riff.

I really like the differences of the amps, although you really hear, they share the same genetic code :)

Recording chain was:
DI - Redeye 3D - Amp - Diezel 4x12RL (V30s) - Shure SM57 - BAE 1073MP - Fireface UFX - ProTools 10

There´s absolutely no post processing on the guitars

Hope, you like it:

Wow great clip! There was nothing about the Hagen for a long time, now all of a sudden it's all about Hagen! :LOL: :LOL:

My findings are the same thing, not a huge difference between those two, except a tad more modern and better bass from the Hagen.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

What really surprised me was, that the Hagen sounds out of the box, as I´d EQ den VH4 recording, to fit in the mix, as I want it to. There´s always a little too much going on in the 400-1000 Hz region and around the 3kHz region, what is really cool, when playing the VH4 live, but a little disturbs me in the recordings.

The other thing, I find the tonestack from the Hagen seems to be work a little different and be more easy to dial in a sound. Also when getting to extremer settings, there seems to me, that unuseful/unwanted frequencies are not so much influenced, so I may get quicker to the results, I´m looking for.

...just some short impressions, after playing around with this baby for 2 days and being totally in a "honeymoon" ;-)

Killer clip man!!! :rock:
I found them very similar in the clip as well but if your like me I always dial in my amps pretty much the same.
Got another VH4 coming in and this clip is just fueling the fire!!! :D

Still would like to kick around a Hagen one day. :yes:

Totally reviving this topic, but Im starting to consider a Hagen. I already have a VH4 but this would replace a Mesa Roadster. The thing sounds amazing but basically its almost the same amp, so debating there...

Back