Vh4 bias problem -solved-

UAV

Hey all :)

Got my first vh4 and i love it. Peter told me that it needed new tubes so Got a new set Of el34 and 7 new preamp tubes.

I put in The new tubes. Set The AMP to el34 on top Of chassis. Master to 0. Cab as load. I set my multimeter correct.

Set The Black croc in The middle and The red to one side. This World perfect. I set it to 65mA. Turn The AMP Of for 5min and put The red wire to The other side. Turn on and it Reads -28mA.

I go back 2-3 times but same result. A put The AMP back together after putting bias to 65mA on The side i could get a good Reading off. The AMP Works and sounds okay. But now The 2 middle red ligets on The back lights up and The fuses are burned.

So now is The Big Q. Could my faulty bias Reading be because Of The burned fuses ?
I am not sure if i had this problem before tube change.

Peter will surely chime in, but try replacing the fuses and biasing with the old tubes, assuming they were just old but not burnt out. New tubes might be duds.

I put in new fuses. Biased again with The new tubes. Problem solved ;) i guess The old tubes was bad and blew The fuses. Now it sounds like there is a very angry monster Living in my AMP ;) just like i Want it to.

Back