Had my first equipment failure on stage :(

esizer

I'm still scratching my head on this one. We were about to start our set and I fired up the D-Moll. I was getting a really weak signal, like no gain. I switched from my wireless to a cable and it was fine...so I changed out the batteries and all seemed to be good. About three songs into the set, my guitar tone cut out. I turned around and the D-Moll was on muting. I got it switched back over only to have the power to my board cut out (and wireless box). I switched back to the cable and all seemed to be fine. Then about two or three more times, it seems like the MIDI was stuck on a preset and the amp had the muting function activated. I think I was cutting out from the power cutting from my wireless but I'm really puzzled why the MIDI became unresponsive. It all was happening so fast but I think I was unable to manually change the channel/mute/etc. on the front of the amp either. I was powering the MIDI device via phantom power but I didn't think to pull out the cable and see if the MIDI was just hanging up or what. I'm not sure if the venue power was dirty or if that would even have an effect on the channel switching/MIDI. When I got back home, everything seemed to be functioning normal, although it was late so I had it on very low volume. Any ideas on what could have happened from a technical standpoint? Again, it was all happening so fast that my recollection is a bit fuzzy...so it could have been user error if there isn't anything glaring functionality-wise.

I got soooooo sick of playing clubs with dirty power. I took the plunge and bought a Furman Voltage Regulator best purchase I have made.

It just amazes me to see people spend thousands of dollars on an amp and run it through a $1.50 power strip :confused: . Let us know how things fare for you. There are a lot of people here with knowledge on amps that I can only hope to have someday. Someone is bound to assist if needed :thumbsup: !

1meanplexi":2hdk5zp4 said:
I got soooooo sick of playing clubs with dirty power. I took the plunge and bought a Furman Voltage Regulator best purchase I have made.

It just amazes me to see people spend thousands of dollars on an amp and run it through a $1.50 power strip :confused: . Let us know how things fare for you. There are a lot of people here with knowledge on amps that I can only hope to have someday. Someone is bound to assist if needed :thumbsup: !
^this

Thanks guys. The general consensus I got was that the power was probably the issue. I think a voltage regulator would be a good investment.

esizer":24lmoikd said:
Thanks guys. The general consensus I got was that the power was probably the issue. I think a voltage regulator would be a good investment.

The voltage regulators are not inexpensive.....but neither are Diezel's :yes: .

Back