VH4 Power tubes - Suggestions

1meanplexi

Hey Crew.

Looks like it might be time to swap out the power tubes in my 4. I currently run SED Winged C EL34's. The plant is shut down and now there are a ton of B stock and seconds out there so I wouldn't trust buying C's. I have the stock tube PDF from peter so I know what is recommended.

I am looking to retain what the C's are/do. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for your answers and I look forward to hearing from you. :rock: on.

I'm not a fan of EL34's in a Diezel at all, so I would first say KT77's. Outside of that I'd go 6L6's in a VH4, that is what I have and still run my mids fairly low on mine.

Ruby EL34BHT's are fairly similar to the winged C's. They're my 2 favorite el34s. I don't like the BSTR's at all.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the responses. I throw this new question out because I quite honestly don't know the answer. How much affect (if any) do power tubes have on the gain of an amp????

Hey Crew!

So I got a DEAL on a matched quad of RUBY-6L6GCMSTR power tubes. What do you guys think? Anyone use them? Nonetheless, I will report back with a clip but in the meantime your thoughts/opinions are sought after. :rock: on!

Hey Crew!!!!

I got the new glass in my 4 and I have to say that I am SUPER impressed with the 6L6's. I installed the Ruby 6L6 GCMSTR. Just punchy as hell. Everything is sooooo much more responsive! In the next couple of days I will throw a clip up let you guys decide. I would say that if you have a 4, try a set of these things.

Back