New VH4 manual question

kes7u

FINALLY received my new VH4 and 4x12 FL on Saturday.

My wife had a great time helping me to carry the cab upstairs..... :no:

I had an initial question regarding the instruction manual. Section 3.1.4 describes adding a tuner via "thru"jack, but explains that there is a better option for connecting a tuner as described in section 3.3.2. I don't see a section 3.3.2. What is the better option?

Thank you!

Kevin

it might refer to chapter 3.2.6, but not sure:

We can not think of a
really useful effects unit for channel two, so here is a way to loop in your tuner. connect the tuner to
the send of channel 2 insert. Now take a 1/4”jack and connect the tip and sleeve internally. Plug it
into the return of channel 2 insert. Yes - this shorts the signal and will cause a forced muted
operation of channel 2 with the insert on. Your tuner works, but the amp is quiet while you tune.
Very suave!

Thank you. Perhaps.

Would you think that 'Send 2' would work for a tuner?

gaskocher":1nmi31y1 said:
it might refer to chapter 3.2.6, but not sure:

We can not think of a
really useful effects unit for channel two, so here is a way to loop in your tuner. connect the tuner to
the send of channel 2 insert. Now take a 1/4”jack and connect the tip and sleeve internally. Plug it
into the return of channel 2 insert. Yes - this shorts the signal and will cause a forced muted
operation of channel 2 with the insert on. Your tuner works, but the amp is quiet while you tune.
Very suave!

Back