VH4 Switchable Serial Loop

jaki7

Hi!

I have a problem I can´t find a solution for.
I want to use a multi-fx-device in a loop of my VH4. It should do reverb for Ch1 and Delays for Ch4.

Since it sucks tone (g major), I don´t want to put it in the serial loop and have it in the signal path all the time.
I could put it in the parallel loop, but but then I see no posibility to realise a volume boost for my solo sound (I now use the bridged parallel loop). I tried to connect send 2 to the serial return, but it didnt work any more when I turned send 2 off.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this? Is there a way? I couldnt find one.

Thanks and enjoy the holidays!

Haha yeaaahhhh... G major and parallel loops don't mix well at all. I have terrible phasing sounds when I try to use mine with the parallel on my VH4. That is my only gripe with the VH4, is why the switchable loop had to be the parallel one. What I did to fix my problem is I ran the serial send into loop 8 on my GCX switcher, Gmajor2 in/out into loop 8, and loop 8 send back to VH4 serial return. I then shut the GCX loop 8 on and off depending if I want effects or not. With loop 8 off, it's completely dry as if there was nothing plugged into the loop of VH4. I made my own "switchable" serial loop with the VH4. But, this only works if you are using a switching system. :confused:

The serial loop has served me well. I am going to go Midi soon on the outboard gear so once the German translation clears up I would like to know more. :).

RJF":12k68bs8 said:
Haha yeaaahhhh... G major and parallel loops don't mix well at all. I have terrible phasing sounds when I try to use mine with the parallel on my VH4.

Just to be sure: did you turn on the dry kill on the gmajor when you had it in the parallel loop?

Could try the G-Major (on killdry) in the parallel loop and a clean boost in the serial loop for a solo boost.

I don't know how many ins and outs the G Major has, but potentially you could run it in two insert loops? It'd have to have multiple inputs and outputs, though.

Back