Gain at lower volumes

kes7u

Hello!

I was hoping to get a little help regarding getting the most possible gain at a lower volume settings. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying for a LOW volume settings, but just something that won't cause hearing loss in my room!!

Are there particulars regarding the channel vs master volume settings that facilitate a higher gain sound at a slightly lower overall volume?

Thanks for any help!
Kevin

While you don't get a "true" tube amp tone at low volume, Diezels have plenty of gain at lower volumes. More than you would want!

Diezels have some of the best Master Volumes in the industry. Don't worry, they sound great at low volumes.

I prefer to keep channel volumes above noon and control overall volume by keeping the master lower. That works better for tone than running them both low.

~Abstract~":3n0nl0rf said:
Diezels have some of the best Master Volumes in the industry. Don't worry, they sound great at low volumes.

I prefer to keep channel volumes above noon and control overall volume by keeping the master lower. That works better for tone than running them both low.

Thank you! I appreciate the input, and will try it.

I'm not bashing or anything,really just thinking aloud. But this current vh4 I have the master is like on or off, it doesn't have a whisper quiet like any of the others I've owned. Good thing I like to feel my pants flap so it's a non issue for me haha!

Back