Interested in Herbert. Have a couple ?s.

Hi. I'm currently interested in a Diezel Herbert. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

1. What are the mechanical and tonal(if any) differences between the MK1 and MK2?

2. I read on the Diezel site that the Herbert has a switchable serial loop. Does this mean I can set a patch that is say just my main high gain channel with the loop off and then set another patch to have the loop on?

Thanks,
Matt.

P.S. Anyone have one for sale? Anyone interested in an Engl Savage 120?

Intimidator333":2bd30l88 said:
Hi. I'm currently interested in a Diezel Herbert. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

1. What are the mechanical and tonal(if any) differences between the MK1 and MK2?

2. I read on the Diezel site that the Herbert has a switchable serial loop. Does this mean I can set a patch that is say just my main high gain channel with the loop off and then set another patch to have the loop on?

Thanks,
Matt.

P.S. Anyone have one for sale? Anyone interested in an Engl Savage 120?

Hey - answers as follows:

1. Clean channel headroom on the mark II was increased I think, plus the PT was beefed up a bit
2. Yes, you can midi control the loop on/off so doing that should be feasible

I've got a Mark II Herbert - it's the best money I've ever spent on guitar gear, period - just do it you will not regret it. Amazing how much more I just play that tweak now!

I would take a later mk1, it has external bias points and I've never had head room issues on ch1.

Yes, you can absolutely midi control the switchable loop.

The Herbert is my all time favorite amp, the mid cut is ingenious when compared to a 6 band EQ.

Back