Hagen Vs. Herbert?

So far I've been gassing for a Herbert. I've played one and the main reason I want it is for the stupid amount of brutal low end punch to the chest it had. However I've seen a couple good deals on some Hagens and have really liked the clips I've heard. Can anyone tell me the main tonal differences between the 2 as far as heavy sounds? Mainly, does the Hagen have the low end punch of the Herbert?
I guess what I'm trying to play would be like Neurosis/Old Man Gloom type stuff but with more of an old Fear Factory sort of tone. I'm looking for the most punishing thick deep "oh my god my chest is going to explode" kind of thing.

I've had both at the same time. Both are great, and similar, but different.
No, the Hagen, does not have the same low end authority that the Herbert has. You can dial in
A substantial amount of low end into the Hagen, but it doesn't hit as hard as the Herbert.

tcrash":3ox4wc1c said:
No, the Hagen, does not have the same low end authority that the Herbert has. You can dial in
A substantial amount of low end into the Hagen, but it doesn't hit as hard as the Herbert.
Thanks Tcrash. I saw you had a Herbert for sale. I sent you a message.

When I was buying my Herbert - James Leader from Diezel UK was good enough to let me try out not only the Herbert but also the VH4, Hagen and the D-Moll and while I did go with the Herbert I loved the Hagen too. It will be my next Diezel - I don't think you could go wrong with either, they are both pretty crushing!

But as tcrash said the Herbert definitely packs more firepower - how could it not with 180 watts :rock:

The Herbert and the VH4 sound pretty different, big bass and super refined type tone from the Herbert. VH4 is more aggressive, with more of a grind to it's tone, but with less bass when compared to the Herbert. To answer your question, the Hagen is smack dab in the middle between the two. It has some of the Herberts big bass, and some of the aggressiveness of the VH4, literally in the middle of the two, to me.

Intimidator333":19xlmggw said:
tcrash":19xlmggw said:
Hey Tcrash. I got your pm. I guess I haven't been on here enough for them to let me message you on here. What ever message I sent you was by clicking on an email icon. Anyways what I said in it was that I'm interested in your Herbert. I have an Engl Savage 120 I can trade or I can try to sell it. How do I get ahold of you?

Intimidator333":1vazudqx said:
Intimidator333":1vazudqx said:
tcrash":1vazudqx said:
Hey Tcrash. I got your pm. I guess I haven't been on here enough for them to let me message you on here. What ever message I sent you was by clicking on an email icon. Anyways what I said in it was that I'm interested in your Herbert. I have an Engl Savage 120 I can trade or I can try to sell it. How do I get ahold of you?

tcrash13@gmail.com
Thanks

tcrash":1s0qae0j said:
Intimidator333":1s0qae0j said:
Intimidator333":1s0qae0j said:
tcrash":1s0qae0j said:

tcrash13@gmail.com
Thanks
Sent you an email.

I've had the Hagen for a couple of years now, I've never had the Herbert. So can't compare the two. But from what I've read, the Hagen was made with 7-strings in mind just to hit the low end. And I can say that it has all the low end punch I could ask for. I couldn't imagine it getting better. I'm sure the advice on here from those with both and that's had the Herbert is spot on, and the Herbert kicks ass too. I think my point is that I believe both would do what you're asking.

Back