NAD Hagen & cab question

tarices22

Hey Guys,

Long-time lurker here (since 2008 :shocked:). I just relieved Borninwinter of his Hagen from the classifieds (thanks for the sweet deal!!) and I felt I must join the conversation.

First of all, this amp can only be described as superlative. I played it for 6 hours yesterday. The experience was simply euphoric; the most transcendent tone experience of my life. Obviously I'm honeymooning like a mofo, but seriously it sounds, feels, and looks so damn good. I had a friend come over and play it for an hour or so - my resident Tool, Isis, and heavy 90s rock expert - and I was in heaven listening. Never been more happy with a gear purchase!!

Anywho - Im playing it through my ridiculous purple port city os 2x12 with v30s and I think it sounds great. For reference, the PC can happens to sound more or less identical to the Bogner os 2x12 - same dimensions... I sold the bogner because the PC was lighter and spread sound around the room a little better via the front port.

I play mostly heavy modern stuff but no 7 string or super downtuned stuff (never below c# standard). Have an extra set of v30+g12k100 that I hated in another cab - thinking about throwing in the PC cab to try.

How does a Diezel cab compare? Must have? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers! :rock:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 748
Figured you'd say that. Voice of wisdom :thumbsup:

Guess I better try a Diezel cab when I get a chance! Hello Diezel rabbit hole!

I'm no expert, but I believe the amp head and cab goes the other way. Cab on the bottom, then set the head on top of the cab. :D

Diezel cabs are where it's at, especially with a Hagen. But mainly it's the front load aspect. Any front loaded cab with V30's should get you into the realm you want to be, but a Diezel FL is the way to go if you've got the coin for one.

Wait wait wait, dude, are you not playing your amps upside down?! Talk about tone. :LOL: :LOL: :D I blame the way apple tags their pics for orientation - lots of devices can't read the tag. Upside down my mac and PC, fine on safari on my iphone where I took the pic...gonna figure out a better way to share pics so I don't look like such a newb.

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like I'm on a good path with the v30's. I will definitely put a front loaded cab on my list. Wish port city would make one!

Back