HELP! Noise Gate and loops with DIEZEL VH4S

loic

Hello,

I've got a problem with my VH4S and my noise gate.

I had an ISP Decimator pedal (V1). Initially I wired the Decimator in front of the amp, the noise was destroyed but i always had a "blow" and the signal of my guitar was deteriorated.

Then i plug the decimator on the serial loop : it'was perfect, the signal of the guitar was respected, no noise, no blow... But when i was activated the parallel loop : i have some noise and feedback

I have bought a Decimator G-String V2 to plug the 2 outputs of the pedal on the 2 loops of the VH4S but it doesn't work! I have to wire the G-String V2 like it's recommended : in front of the amp and in the loop. It's work like that but my clean sound is extremely damaging! I have to change the setting of the pedal with the clean and crunch sounds... So it's impossible to use the G-pedal for me.

Then i try to plug the G-string on the serial loop only : it's working (but i have the same problem with the clean and crunch sounds)
I try tu plug the G-string on the parallel loop : it doesn't work!

So my question is : Does a noise gate work on the parallel loop of the VH4S?

The solution for me could be use 2 noise gate : on the serial loop and the parallel loop

Yes i know, many of you will tell me that we don't need a noise gate with the VH4... but i have to use it (some noise and feedbacks)

I hope that my explanations are clear! thank you!

The parallel loop is a blend of the direct signal and the loop so a gate in there is not going to work in the way you are intending.

Noise gates should always either be pre-preamp or in the serial effects loop or, as in the g-strings case, both.

I *think* the patch loops on the VH4 are serial inserts too if you need something more granular - you can test that by plugging something into them without connecting a return and if there is no volume they are serial.

Hope that helps!

A parallel loop allows both the wet and dry signal to come thru together. A gate needs to be put in a series loop to totally get rid of the preamp hiss. If a gate is in the parallel loop, you will still have hiss, and feedback at higher levels,from the dry signal.

thanks for your answers!

When the parallel poop mix is on maximum => 100% of the signal is going through the parallel loop? Or there is always a part of the signal which is going through the series loop?

I will try to use 2 noise gates in each loop...

webrthomson":1k4zmo1e said:
The parallel loop is a blend of the direct signal and the loop so a gate in there is not going to work in the way you are intending.

Noise gates should always either be pre-preamp or in the serial effects loop or, as in the g-strings case, both.

I *think* the patch loops on the VH4 are serial inserts too if you need something more granular - you can test that by plugging something into them without connecting a return and if there is no volume they are serial.

Hope that helps!

Check the link - http://www.isptechnologies.com/portfoli ... tereo-mod/

I just bought this and use it in the channel inserts of 2 and 3 on my VH4 and it works like an F'n charm. In your case....you could use it in the loops on your VH4S.

yes the rack version seems better but i prefer a small solution with pedals :)

this morning i have tried to use to noise gate in each loop : Decimator (V1) in serial loop and Mooer Noise Killer in parallel loop : it works good!

I have already test a 7025WA HG from TAD but it's not better

There is not a lot of noise but at high level i have some hiss and feedback that could be uncomfortable on stage

Good luck on the noise issues, hope you resolve it.

I had the Herbert up loud yesterday and nothing except when playing so i guess as always .... do what Peter says ;)

Back