Herbert vs d-moll? For leads player

lyapunov2023

Hi everyone, I'm going to buy a diezel amp mainly for leads playing, haven't try one but from the clips on youtube and user's review, I think the herbert may suit me well---beautiful cleans and the ch2&3 good for leads. But after listen to d-moll's clips I can't really decide which one to buy, they are all pretty good, even the functions are very similar. So which one's leads is more thick and fluid, with more round top end? And which one has a more 3D(diezel's hifi) sounding? Thanks a lot!!!

Heritage Softail":1dtpcwdi said:
Look up Andy Wood demo Diezel

Smoking playing and tone.

Thanks! I've watched the Andy Wood's video, great tone there! It's difficult to try a diezel in my country so I can only judge from videos and reviews... I wonder is d-moll a smaller version of herbert or a new gain structure in diezel's family... I really like the herbert's tone in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2IyQ6- ... 0Q&index=7, so if d-moll can sound like this I will buy a d-moll instead for budget reason.

Hi,

I have the Herbert. I also could not try one out. I did try a VH4 before i bought the amp but did not like it. The amp is the best gear purchase for me. For lead playing channel 2 and 3 wont let you down. I dont have any experiance with the D moll but from my point of view the Herbert wont let you down. I havent heard good clips of the D Moll yet but then again, the amp is still new on the market.

One thing to keep in mind is wattage & theVenues you're playing.
The D-Moll is only 100 watts, so you can push the power tube section earlier, which is a good thing for me as I play to crowds of 150-200 people.
I have a D-Moll with a Diezel 4x12 with G12K100s & V30s speakers in a X Pattern, I run my Master 1 for Rhythm & Cleans at 8:45 and my Master 2 for solos @ 9:15 - even that low it's really loud. My Channel Volumes are Noonish. So a Herbert might be tough to run at a decent Master Level depending on your Typical Venue.

Back