Help with my Deizel Herbert

skapegoat99

Hi, I have a problem with my Deizel Herbert head. When i turned on my head this morning it started buzzing, and my clean sound is very distorted, and channel two and three have a slight distortion, but it almost sounds like there is some kind of underlying depressed whammy sound in there. In the past I've noticed that there is a static sound (similar to guitar pots that need to be cleaned out) coming from my main volume 1. Also in the past there has been a two to three second buzzing sound if I turn the amp on, on a distorted channel.

It has been almost two years since the amp has been retubed, so I imagine it could be that, but it seems like if the tubes were going out that the signal would just diminish? Not sure about that. Can someone on here help me please?

I also have a question for Peter, I'm attaching a pic of the serial number, and want to know what either 1/18 or 4/48 means? I can't tell if it is a 4 or 8 in the hand done serial number. Thanks for any help you all can give me on my precious head!

Michelangelo

Attachments

• SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 934
Another thing is that the last time I used my amp I was actually running it through my G-system using the whammy pedal. The more I listen to the sound of the amp right now the more it sounds like the whammy effect was somehow captured in the head? I have unplugged everything and am running it straight to guitar (with no effects connected at all) and still the same sound? I don't now if it is possible for a sound to stay in teh preset of the amp somewhere? I've unplugged and replugged, and same thing happens.

Amp will not capture the pedal's sound. My guess is it could be a bad tube, but sounds like same issue as when my Einstein had a leaky capacitor. I am far from an expert though. Best wait for Peter's advice.

001 means Herbert. 018 means 18th production Herbert made.

Also, it's spelled "Diezel". :)

Back