affordable Diezel

Peter has a lot of integrity and his service is second to none.
As soon as that gets compromised...
I can't imagine Peter farming out production...there were some cabs made earlier, but no longer.

If you want a "cheaper" Diezel, as Stealth said, buy used.
I have tried a few Diezel's that way...thing is I always end up wanting to keep them, oops.

You can't go wrong. Every Diezel I've tried is great!! There are differences of course, yet build, tone, quality all awesome.
Really depends on what you are looking for the amp to do for you.
If you do choose to buy used, you can pretty much resell for very close to your purchase price.
Anyway, good luck...

I say save up, a bit pricy but just like anything, you have to pay for quality. Highly worth it!

where do you live?

Here in Holland Diezel is the same price as a mesa.

Its simpel, if you cant buy it, get something cheaper instead of asking if he could change his bussines model to save you a vew dollars.

hevechvy":3jxjdj1t said:
Any chance Peter could contract out some of his production and make a more affordable amp?

TBH I don't think this would be a welcome step for a few reasons, but mainly for one - Quality - it's what we all associate with Diezel and it is underpinned by having a well trained workforce that are proud of their product and committing to using the best parts that money can buy.

There are only so many ways that you can cut the cost of the amp, essentially you can the quality of the labor that puts the components in (al la Marshall on it's move to the far east) and see the fail ratio increase and the brand name suffer.

Alternatively you can cut the component quality, almost always transformers as the PT / OT / Choke are some of the the most expensive parts of an amp, al la Egnater on the early tourmasters and Randall on the RM100 line and we all know how well that turned out for them. Chinese Egnater got a reputation for blowing up and everyone who uses the RM100 series in anger mods the crap out the trannies therefore spending what Randall should have in the first place :)

Peter is never going to risk the brand name with either of these strategies, they just don't work! In the end with guitar amps you really do get what you paid for and if you buy cheap you will buy twice!

So get saving and buy a Herbert / VH4 / Hagen - trust us they are worth every penny, and you will never need to buy another amp either - which is actually cheaper in the long run!

hevechvy":a5tybuzf said:
Any chance Peter could contract out some of his production and make a more affordable amp?

Diezel is all about the high quality, heavy duty components, build and sound. Boutique, baby! :rock:

What about a Zerrer preamp, and a decent head as a power amp?
That way, you'll get some of the Diezel vibe. The power amp is probably a big factor as well. My D-moll can be the most thunderous amp ever, and the power amp plays a big role in that.

ke2":w78son3g said:
What about a Zerrer preamp, and a decent head as a power amp?
That way, you'll get some of the Diezel vibe. The power amp is probably a big factor as well. My D-moll can be the most thunderous amp ever, and the power amp plays a big role in that.

That^^^^and the Fokker, which there are some VERY aggressively priced used ones in the Classifieds.

Back